Official GIGABYTE Forum

Thin Mini ITX LVDS Connection - LCD panel.

Thin Mini ITX LVDS Connection - LCD panel.
« on: June 15, 2013, 11:41:09 pm »
Hello,

I'm looking to build a DIY all-in-one PC using one of Gigabyte's Thin Mini ITX boars, and I'm struggling to find an LCD panel larger than about 17" that runs of a 40 pin LVDS connector. I don't wish to use an all-in-one chassis, for example, the Loop chassis, as I want this to be totally DIY.

The problem is, the motherboard (GA-B75TN) has a 40 pin LVDS connector which connects to the LCD screen, but all of the LCD panels above about 17" (laptop screens) switch to a 30 pin LVDS connection with a totally different pin-out and power requirement.

Does anyone know why the LVDS connection changes when you go above 17", or if it's possible to use a 30 pin LCD with a 40 pin LVDS connector?

I would hate to build myself an all-in-one PC that has a screen size of 17". Ideally I'm looking for 21"+.

Neither Intel, who proposed the Thin Mini ITX design, nor Gigabyte who was one of the companies to adopt the new form factor, have released much information on the detailed pairing of its motherboards to an LCD panel, so any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I've checked the motherboard datasheets and Intel's Thin Mini ITX white paper, but they all mention the 40 pin LVDS instead of the more popular (from LCD lists/LCD sourcing websites etc.) 30 pin LVDS.

One thing that does keep coming up in searches on panel sites is '2 channel 6 bit' which appears to be the 40 pin LVDS connector, and '2 channel 8 bit'. Can anyone explain that to me?

Thank you,

Jake.

Re: Thin Mini ITX LVDS Connection - LCD panel.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 09:20:07 pm »
Huh, no answer to this one at all? Is this Gigabyte admin'ed forum. Doesn't feel that way.... :-\