Official GIGABYTE Forum

PCI Express x1 slots don't appear to work

TerryH

PCI Express x1 slots don't appear to work
« on: June 18, 2013, 08:57:36 pm »
I've rebuilt my music pc with the Z87 HD3 mobo and i7 4770 cpu. Everything was installed fine but when I tried to install a Lycom Firewire card into one of the PCIe x 1 slots but it didn't appear to work. I tried the other slot but still no response so I tried the x16 slot and this time it worked.

But I've now got a Lycom USB 3.0 expansion card as I need more USB ports for my instruments and again tried to install the card in the PCIe x1 slots and again they didn't recognise the expansion card. I don't believe the cards are broken as they work in the standard PCIe x16 but I can't believe the slots are broken too as the board is generally working fine.

Do I need to enable something in the BIOS to get these slots active or do I need to do something else before I return it to the seller?

Any help gratefully received.
Terry

Re: PCI Express x1 slots don't appear to work
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 09:29:05 pm »
same isssue here

any one know how to fix it?

I've rebuilt my music pc with the Z87 HD3 mobo and i7 4770 cpu. Everything was installed fine but when I tried to install a Lycom Firewire card into one of the PCIe x 1 slots but it didn't appear to work. I tried the other slot but still no response so I tried the x16 slot and this time it worked.

But I've now got a Lycom USB 3.0 expansion card as I need more USB ports for my instruments and again tried to install the card in the PCIe x1 slots and again they didn't recognise the expansion card. I don't believe the cards are broken as they work in the standard PCIe x16 but I can't believe the slots are broken too as the board is generally working fine.

Do I need to enable something in the BIOS to get these slots active or do I need to do something else before I return it to the seller?

Any help gratefully received.
Terry