Official GIGABYTE Forum

LAN driver issue with Gigabyte motherboard.

LAN driver issue with Gigabyte motherboard.
« on: June 22, 2013, 03:40:39 am »

A few days ago we had a thunderstorm in my area, it blew out the ports in my modem and the internet repairman had to replace the modem. The computer was fine for a day (just not connected to the internet) and then some issues began. I shut down my computer to go somewhere and when I returned I got stuck in a reboot loop. My computer would start up, go to the windows start up flag, go back to the BIOS screen, and the repeat. I had to install Windows 7 several times. I used disk cleanup to delete my "windows.old" folder in the case that my computer had a virus. So I reinstalled windows several times and now everything appears to be working but the LAN drivers. My motherboard is a Gigabyte 970A-UD3. There was nothing internet related on my motherboard CD, except for a Realtek Ethernet Diagnostic Tool which did no good. I downloaded all three of the LAN drivers for my motherboard from here (because I didn't know if it was a review 1.0/1.1, 1.2, or 3):

http://www.gigabyte.com/search/search.aspx?kw=970a-ud3#...

I tried each one of them. Each time I got the same error message:

The Realtek Network Controller was not found. Deep Sleep mode is active , please plug in power cable

What do I do? The iBuypower technical support agent says the thunderstorm could've messed up my motherboard. Any ideas?