Official GIGABYTE Forum

z87-d3hp USB issues mouse randomly freezing

z87-d3hp USB issues mouse randomly freezing
« on: July 02, 2013, 05:12:42 am »
Hi

I built a new pc a few weeks ago using the Gigabyte Z87-D3HP ,  I;ve had this strange problem where my mouse will randomly freeze for a second then start working again, some times it will even disconnect and reconnect.   I've tried pretty much everything,   original bios the mobo came with f4 bios and the latest beta bios. 

Ive also tried the USB drivers from the disk and the latest ones from gigabyte website and also the latest ones from intels website.   I've also tried all the different USB ports.     ITs such a strange problem as it can be fine for 30 mins then freeze a couple of times and be fine again for a while.   I've made sure C states are off and power setting are on performance.   I'm 99% sure its not the mouse as it works fine on my other pc using the same drivers.   

Any help would be much appreciated.   Are there any diagnostic tools I can use to try and get to the bottom of this. 

ysw

Re: z87-d3hp USB issues mouse randomly freezing
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 03:04:49 am »

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 08:15:44 am »
yep

wen

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 03:04:34 am »
I run into the same problem as snozski. I have GA-Z87-D3HP motherboard.
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4519#sp
I have a razor death adder mouse over USB. I use the recommended mouse keyboard USB ports. It has happened with the original BIOS. It happens still with the latest release .F4 BIOS. I have tried install and uninstall the razor mouse driver. The mouse can work as a generic USB mouse. It did not make a difference.

When the problem happens, the mouse will be unresponsive for less than a second in every 3-5 seconds. It is very annoying. I have used this same mouse on another motherboard without any problem.

Beekeeper

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.”

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 09:10:41 am »
turns out it was my mouse that was screwed either that or some conflict with logitech g9 and usb 3.0   I bought a new mouse and its fine now. 

wen

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 12:37:20 am »
According to the gigabyte website, F5c bios is beta. I do not want to try a beta bios at this moment. My solution to fix the problem is to do a cold boot, meaning I have to turn the power off from the power supply. Then the USB ports works again without any software changes.

I had hit 5 BSODs since I use this new motherboard for 30 days. The bug check code are:
0x50 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
0xf7 DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER
0x24 NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
0x1a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
0x1a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

I have debugged these mini dumps using windbg. Because they all are from different sources, I do not think it is a software problem with my setup. I suspect it is related to the quick boot option in the GIGABYTE bios. I have tested out the normal boot (default) instead of quick boot. It works OK for 3 days. It is hard to say, because the problem does not reproduce consistently.