Official GIGABYTE Forum

GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD3H LGA 1150 Intel Z87: Not properly booting. Fans Spin. Dead.

-Epic-

I just purchased a brand new GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD3H LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with a i5-4670k CPU.

CPU   Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core   
CPU Cooler   Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BL 68.5 CFM      
Memory   Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600   
Storage   Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" SSD   
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   
Video Card   EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB   
Power Supply   PC Power & Cooling 750W ATX12V   

This is the rest of my setup ^^

I am building a PC for the first time but I have watched numerous guides and gone slowly step by step assembling the PC. I have connected to the motherboard the CPU, CPU cooler, 1 4GB stick of RAM, and the PSU (breadboarded) to test and make sure my components all function properly from here.

Well I have everything installed properly, 8 pin ATX & 24 Pin cables connected, CPU fan, and RAM clicked fully in. I turn on my PSU, receive and orange light from the mobo, turn on the power, fans spin for <1 second, then everything stops. I don't have any speakers hooked into anything to listen for beeps? Or if there is any onboard beeping feature?

Any help would be greatly appreciate because I have taken it to a PC repair shop and he believes the Mobo is defective (PSU worked with another mobo). Like to get a final answer before sending it away for replacement.

Thanks

ysw

remove your graphics card to check.
graphics card needs extra 6pin or 8 pin power, do u connect it?

-Epic-

The GPU isnt installed

Gloup_Gloup

• Let us sweet between members, on the forum.
Hi all,  ;)

For Epic:

Have you put a thermal paste between the processor and the Heat Sink?

Have you check if a pins of cpu are correct? No bent, or damaged... or PINS of Socket?

Have you plug a cable near CPU ? The good cable?

Have you hearing a sound,  like beep , beeep... ?

Verify if you have a speaker....

Give us more news... come again....
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 04:39:38 pm by Gloup_Gloup »

-Epic-

Thermal paste is applied.

No bent pins in the mobo socket or cpu.

Yes, the 24 pin and 8 pin connections are all properly inserted.

No beeps at all with speakers connected.

I took it to a local pc shop to test other components and the power supply and cpu all work properly. He determined the Mobo was defective...

RMA replacement it looks like...

Hi -Epic-,
Can you give an update on your situation, and hopefully if it has been resolved?  I'm also researching on, and want to get this same board and would like to know how stable it is.  I presume they still haven't released board's revision v1.1?  Thanks.