Official GIGABYTE Forum

ga-ma785gmt-ud2h core unlocking 550 black edition

coupe

ga-ma785gmt-ud2h core unlocking 550 black edition
« on: February 06, 2010, 09:51:00 pm »
Hello,
It seems that 1 of my 2 disabled cores is a little weak. I have used the AMD OverDrive stability test and have noticed that one core reports half the value of the other 3. Sometimes it takes 20 reboots or more to finally get past the windows 7 boot screen without a crash. I believe this is due to the weaker core. It seems that the cores rotate during boot and when you stop and start stability test, as when I start and stop the test, the weak core appears to rotate.

When I go into the bios and set disable core 2 or core 3  or(both at the same time) with hybrid enabled I still get a hit and miss on boot up(crashes). In a future bios update can you add core 0, core 1, along with the present core 2 and core 3 or if possible map core 2 and core 3 to the disabled cores so we can actually disable one of the weak ones. IT seems like the cores float, not addressed to the correct cores.

Using latest Bios F5 and have tested F6a in hopes better control, no luck

Thanks for your time.

edit, here are some screen shots showing the weak core being addressed as different cores when I start and stop the testing.

here it shows as core 3

A simple stop and start it now shows as core 2

core 1

now core 0

after 45 minutes of testing, the weak core makes its rounds (min reading)

I've played with the ACC + and - % and I noticed no difference with the weak core. Again I have reason to believe that core control isn't locked to the actual core but just a random core.

Once the system does finally boot with hybrid, it's very stable as I was able to run prime for over 15 hours
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 01:21:54 am by coupe »

wilfy

Re: ga-ma785gmt-ud2h core unlocking 550 black edition
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 11:58:52 am »
Could you please tell me which bios version you are using. I am running the same motherboard and I cannot individully conrol the cores. I am on the latest F8 bios. On my GA-MA785GT-UD3H setup I have enable/disable core control in the advanced clock calibration dialogue, the GA-MA785GMT-UD2H does not apparently. How are you able to disable certain cores with your board.

Re: ga-ma785gmt-ud2h core unlocking 550 black edition
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 04:43:09 am »
3.4Ghz should be a walk in the park for the 550 but what HSF are you using?

When it comes to unlocking the 3rd and 4th core I see your board uses the 700 southbridge which doesn't have ACC, so no you cannot. You need a board using either 710 or 750 southbridge for ACC and not all 710's even support ACC.
Cool Information Here!  HP0-P14 | mcitp certification | mcse 2008