Official GIGABYTE Forum

Speakers for Gigabyte 990XA-UD3

Speakers for Gigabyte 990XA-UD3
« on: August 13, 2013, 02:33:51 am »
Hi, I am trying to find the best set of speakers to fully utilize this motherboard's potential, but all I seem to be coming across are speakers that just plug into the one 3.5mm green audio out port instead of using the other ports available (orange bass, gray side, black rear). I understand this configuration on the back probably ranges across alot of different motherboards, this is just the first time I have encountered one set up like this.

Does anyone have suggestions on the best speaker configuration (brand, model, etc) to fully take advantage of the potential here without cutting into sound quality? What works for you? Or am I over-analyzing and should just use the green audio out jack?

I appreciate the feedback.

Yerfdog

Re: Speakers for Gigabyte 990XA-UD3
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 02:41:08 am »
Hello fellow 990 owner (Version 1 UD5).

I would like to follow your thread and see the responses as well. A few years ago I purchased a Klipsch ProMedia 4.1 setup, which worked well with previous cards, but not so much anymore. It utilizes the two center ports of the onboard audio. It has two front, two rear and a subwoofer that I would stand up against nearly anything. Unfortunately, with the current incarnation, I have to set it for 7.1 to activate the rear channel. The sub simply follows the fronts.

Previous incarnations of Realtek allowed for adjustments to the speaker settings (distance adjustment) and environment (basement, auditorium, etc), but the current one does not. Maybe somewhere down the road.

A while back I was contemplating the same thing as you, and I may do so again in the future, but I see little for good quality sound at the local MicroCenter. I will be watching this thread. Good luck!