Official GIGABYTE Forum

Boot order changes not working (Gigabyte 78lmt-usb3)

ichthy

Boot order changes not working (Gigabyte 78lmt-usb3)
« on: July 21, 2013, 10:23:28 pm »
Hi all,

As the title states this issue is in regards to the Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 (rev4.1) motherboard.

Just built the below PC and I've been having a few BSODs that I've seemed to iron out for the most part, except for when I try any slight overclock of either the GPU, CPU, or RAM. I'm not too concerned with those issues just yet as my main focus is being able to boot from a disc (or USB) into Memtest so I can truly see if I'm having RAM issues or not. I've already had to move the RAM to different slots and that stopped some of my early on BSODs while gaming even on stock clocks all around.

MAIN ISSUE: I've changed the BIOS boot order to be 1). CD-Rom 2). HL-DT-Slot 3). HDD and saved all my changes before exiting. Upon booting up my drive lights up and I can hear it spin but no option on the screen to boot from disk, just hops straight into Windows. I've tried reorganizing the boot order to be just the CD ROm and that weird HL thing which I ASSUME is my dvd drive and then removing the HDD all together...no bueno. When I hit F12 during bootup to see the boot options it shows all the options in order starting with the LS120(floppy?), then HDD, then so forth and so on as if still default settings and in this screen it shows a + sign next to the HDD. So I scroll down to CD Rom or the HL thing and hit enter and it just goes straight to Windows.

At this point I'm just too pissed off to think straight as booting from a CD shouldn't be this hard or time consuming. I know the drive works and is recognized in Windows so that can't be the issue can it? When I first installed Windows 7 I used a friends dvd drive because my Mini-Sata to Sata adapter hadn't arrived yet, and it booted from the Windows 7 disc just fine then.

CASE: Silverstone SG09
CPU: AMD FX 6300
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper N520
PSU: Strider Plus 500w
GPU: Gigabyte 7870 ghz ed.
MOBO: Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 rev4.1 (Latest BIOS update F4 already flashed)
HDD: WD 500gb 7200rpm
DVD Drive: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AGD8GXY/ref=oh_details_o03_s02_i03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ANY AND ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED! I'm about ready to just return this board/processor and just switch over to Intel since they have WAY better Micro ATX board options than AMD AM3+'s outdated crapshoot of a selection. /rant