Official GIGABYTE Forum

How do I return motherboard for BIOS flash?

How do I return motherboard for BIOS flash?
« on: July 15, 2013, 08:58:33 pm »
Hey there,

I purchased a GA-970A-DS3 rev 3.0 motherboard a month ago from scan.co.uk.
I've just found out before putting together my system that this board needs BIOS ver. FD to run my FX-6350 CPU.
After doing research online it seems that rev 3.0 of this board unfortunately ships with BIOS ver. FB.

uk.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=4385

At no point was I informed of this issue during purchase.

I can't seem to find info on how to return this board for a flash via gigabytes website. I'm a little confused.
Also I have no access to an older AM3/AM3+ CPU to flash the BIOS to an compatible version.

Thanks

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: How do I return motherboard for BIOS flash?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 07:55:12 am »
Hi there,

You have a couple of options really

1: Send an e-mail to: returns@gbt-tech.co.uk (For UK and Ireland residents only) and ask Gigabyte to arrange to do the update for you - will take some time as board will have to be sent to them and returned back to you

2: Go to your nearest PC shop and ask them to do the update - Will be the quickest option but there will probably be a charge

3: Buy a low end CPU that is supported by the earliest BIOS so that you can do the update yourself. - Obviously involves extra cost as you have to get hold of another processor. But can be the quickest and easiest solution.

4: Contact Scan and see if they can update the BIOS for you - Will take time and probably also have shipping costs involved.

5: Ask a friend that has an AMD system if you can use their CPU (if it's supported) to do the update on your motherboard. - Of course, you have to know someone with and AMD processor that is willing to help you out.

6. If you live anywhere near Chelmsford in Essex, contact me via PM and I will do it for you.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.