Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z87X-UD3H (Dual)Memory problem after update

shodan01

Z87X-UD3H (Dual)Memory problem after update
« on: July 22, 2013, 11:24:17 am »
I have a memory problem since I update to F5/F6 bios. When I start the system, got a 15 debug code, if im using my pair of ram (2x4GB crucial ballistix)
The system wont boot, only if i push the reset button.
But If Im only just using one stick of ram , its good!!!

I tried CMOS reset, pull out the battery, boot from F3 bios, but nothings works.
The RAM is definetly good becase separetly they are working fine.

shodan01

Re: Z87X-UD3H (Dual)Memory problem after update
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 11:14:39 am »
Okay I've got a new board, but the problem is similar. 15 error code, or looping restart . F7 bios.with two stick of ram (Crucial Ballistix tracer 2x4gb)
And the extra thing the new board dont recognize any PCI device.
s***est board ever!

hx3

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 04:10:36 pm »
Until I purchase the Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4GB 2400, I've had to settle on some older Corsair XMS3 1600 (two sticks) to run my new system.  On the F7c beta, I was able to run the RAM at its stock 1600MHz speeds using XMP.  A day later, I updated to the official F7 release and now I only receive boot loops before the Windows 7 boot screen appears (using XMP).  I have to select 'No Profile' within UEFI in order for Windows to boot.  And now the RAM is running at a sweet 667Mhz!  Haha...I know this XMS3 RAM isn't officially supported with this board, but it's strange how I managed proper speeds with the beta.  I'll tinker with the timings and speeds some more.

Here's to hoping I won't be wasting $290 on the Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4GB 2400, which is listed as being fully supported.  Other than the RAM issues, I haven't had any problems with this board.

shodan01

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 06:10:54 pm »
No I cant believe this, my 15 error code, boot loop problem is returned!!!!!  >:( >:( >:(
My config is working fine in the past 1 month, but yesterday its started this thing again.
I changed my board 3 times, I changed my RAMs, what is this s***???

Gigabyte never ever!!!!!