Official GIGABYTE Forum

GTX 770 Condition and thoughts on Warranty?

yoster

GTX 770 Condition and thoughts on Warranty?
« on: July 23, 2013, 08:17:05 pm »
Hello everyone,

I recently (about 3 weeks ago) purchased a brand new Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB direct from Amazon.com.

The card works great and the box was in perfect condition.  Here's the strange thing though, the end of the card is bent.  So like at the end, where the cooler kind of turns up towards the PCB - it's bent "in" towards the PCB.  Also at the end some of the cooling fins are bent.  Almost like the card was dropped on its end at some point.

I's strange because I don't even know how that could happen.  They wrap that card in a LOT of foam within that box - it's very nicely packaged and the box was in perfect condition.  My only guess is that someone bent it before packaging and didn't bring it up for fear of getting in trouble?!  Who knows.

My question is in regards to warranty.  The card works 100% fine right now, but I'm worried that should I need to RMA it someday.. do you guys think it will be denied because of this?  I really don't want to hassle with returning to Amazon for an exchange but if I must I must.

rud

Re: GTX 770 Condition and thoughts on Warranty?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 06:38:52 am »
If you got another card and can handle the wait, I'd ask for an exchange. You're right, if you tell that story 3 years down the track it will be harder because it will look like something you did broke the card.

Considering it's three weeks old, I'm sure you're just as keen to upgrade so there wouldn't be any suggestion you're doing this out of spite. They can handle a exchange, it's a big enough company.  8)