Official GIGABYTE Forum

Windows 7, bios, and GA-MA770-ud3 (rev 2.0)

wtf?

Windows 7, bios, and GA-MA770-ud3 (rev 2.0)
« on: February 08, 2010, 03:25:25 am »
Okay, here is my background info and problem.

I own a MA770-ud3 rev 2.0 motherboard, originaly I was running windows XP pro with no problems with 2 SATA II HDD. (no raid 0 config). the bios was flashed to the fd i think, the one before fg. Anyway, I decided to upgrade to windows 7, home ver. Did the full install, no upgrade.....had no problems. when i did this, I lost a Hardrive, no idea, just neer reconized, it was in bios.....just not in windows......any way, I thought i would go ahead just put them in a raid 0 conifg becuase my system is for gaiming anyway and nothing wrong with less life and more speed.

This is where my problem started. when putting the 2 HDD's into Raid zero config through bio's It asked me if if i proceeded...i would lose my MBR.....of course i did and along with it the OS. The windows version is also the 64 bit type. when i go to reinstall the MB bios using my labtop ( making an iso disk, there are no compatible bios for windows 7 64 bit version.or atleast thats what it says when I use @bios in safemode, whitch is the only way i can get into windows, and it crashes after about 5 min.

Of course i get the MB beep and i know the bios are my problem, but is gigabyte gonna fix the MB bios/@bios issue not being compatible?
Or am i gonna have to reinstall windows xp, reflash the bios, then install windows 7 again with no raid 0 config?

wtf?

Re: Windows 7, bios, and GA-MA770-ud3 (rev 2.0)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 03:32:15 am »
there are so many possibilities going on here.......I know....and can u guys please keep the feedback basically to where can i get Bios for the MB compatible with Windows 7 64 bit version,

i tried all versions on there website and it just says not compatible with windows 7 x64 in normal mode using @bios
in SM with networking it says , error case open, error librarys not opening.....blah, blah, blah
neither allow downloading option in @bios

burning straight from website as an iso on my labtop and booting from CD a nogo, disc reads no data.......

@ 1st before i installed Norton and video drivers and windows update, it seemed fine........now it crashes about 5 min into windows

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Windows 7, bios, and GA-MA770-ud3 (rev 2.0)
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 05:33:01 pm »
The latest bios for your Mobo can be found here: http://www.giga-byte.co.uk/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=3097

The easiest and best way to instal it is to use a USB memory stick and the Qflash utility

Download the file and unpack it and put the folder onto the USB Drive.

Reboot the PC and press the END key which will take you into the Qflash utility. Follow the on-screen instructions to update Bios. (You will have to locate the folder on your USB drive)

There is no specific bios for Windows 7 so don't waste your time looking for it!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 05:34:38 pm by absic115 »
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.