Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-890gpa -ud3h MB ethernet won't connect - shows identifying then unplugged

jimiz

GA-890gpa -ud3h MB ethernet won't connect - shows identifying then unplugged over an over.  I had a cable rental modem/router combo before.  Just installed a new cable modem and router.  Hooked everything up and connected my iMac running Windows 8 bootcamp and have superfast internet.  I connected my pc which has AMD Phenom II X6 1055T processor running on the Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H MB with 8gb ram and windows 8.  I watched on the Network Connections window as my Ethernet goes from "Identifying" to "Network Cable Unplugged" repeatedly.  Back and forth. It actually kept my iMac from getting a connection.  I disable the Realtek controller and the iMac gets perfect connection again.

I updated the realtek driver, verified that I have the FF latest bios on the MB and even pulled the power plug for 10 min to see if this would fix it.  It is just crazy.  Nothing seems to work.  I really don't know what to try next.  I have searched online and not finding any other ideas.  Can someone help?  Thank you!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 03:00:42 am by jimiz »
Life is what you make it!