Official GIGABYTE Forum

UD4H Bios Version

UD4H Bios Version
« on: July 31, 2013, 03:33:44 pm »
I recently go everything set up on a Z87X-UD4H motherboard. Most everything is working well, aside form EasyTune, possibly a separate issue. My question for this thread is do I need to update the bios. I believe I am running F3. Even with dual bios I am hesitant to update the board, especially with @bios, given the instability of EasyTune through the app center. Are the updates after F3 important? In what way? Should I bite the bullet and upgrade the bios?

Maou

Re: UD4H Bios Version
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 02:19:59 am »
actually i read on this forum somewhere that easytune was fixed in F5 for some people. Other than that though I wouldn't say you NEED it if everything is running fine.

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 12:55:51 am »
I'm thinking of upgrading the bios, my current version is F3. I see on the website F5 and F6, which should I go to, F6? What is the note about The USB driver must be updated in advanced? What USB driver? Could this be a more confusing Bios update process? I would like to use the the @Bios utility with a saved file from the internet (due to occasional internet drops I experience). How should I go about this minimizing risk?

Maou

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 01:25:59 am »
You probably already have the usb driver, I had no issue using my thumb drive to do it. But they aren't clear on that part.

If you have a USB thumb drive i would put both F5 and F6 on there and use that, and just hit END key at bootup and select the drive for flashing bios. Then pick F6 in the menu there and load optimized defaults after reboot and adjust as you need to. test stability etc, if all is well you'll be set. if not i would then drop to F5 (which is what I had to do but i have a UD5H which is a different bios i'm sure)