Official GIGABYTE Forum

PCI Video card does not work with Gigabyte GA-C847N-D

PCI Video card does not work with Gigabyte GA-C847N-D
« on: August 01, 2013, 09:57:02 pm »
I just installed this the Zotac GT 610 PCI video card on my GA-C847N-D motherboard.
PC boots up (I can see activity from the hard drive) but I don't get any video signal what so ever.
I've tried using the HDMI output as well as the VGA output.  The video card is working fine, I've tested it on another PC.

Is there some kind of incompatibility I'm not aware of?  Please advice.
Thank you.

Fatman

Re: PCI Video card does not work with Gigabyte GA-C847N-D
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 03:57:22 am »
Have you uninstalled previous graphics drivers and then instal the card with the newest ones? Is the card seatted properly?

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 04:00:20 pm »
I  don't have another graphics card, only the integrated graphics on the motherboard. I've tried disabling it, but I still don't get any video from the PCI card.  Also, I've checked many times and the PCI card is seated properly.

Parlay

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 08:54:50 am »
I am having the same problem with a Gigabyte Z68Xp-ud3 motherboard and a GTX 670.  On the x16 slot I get no display, if I swap the card to the x8 slot it works.
It's not the x16 slot as my HD 7850 works fine in it, and it's not the GTX 670 as that works fine in other computers x16 slot.

I have tried everything I can think of but the problem persists.  I have searched the net and found many others having the same type of problem, and it would seem that there is some incompatibility with GB motherboards and some pcie video cards.

Question is.....will it ever get addressed?

Parlay

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 09:40:47 am »
Problem solved.  I bought a MSI motherboard.  I have been with Gigabyte all of my computing life, but they are slipping.  Time for a change.