# Antec 902
# GA-MA785GMT-UD2H
# CPU HDZ550WFGIBOX Phenom II x2 550 Black Edition Callisto 3.1GHz
# G.Skill 2GB x 4 F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK
# HDD WD Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB
# Antec EarthWatts E650
# DVD Burner SH-S223L
# Windows 7 64bit

Whenever I add more than one module of ram the system crashes, becomes unstable, BSOD (Page_Fault_in_nonpaged_area, PFN_List_Corrupt).  Thinking that the memory controller might be bad in the Phenom II, I ordered an Athlon II Quad Core 630.  Does the same thing.  I have tried the individual modules in every slot and they work fine.  However, when I add another stick everything goes bad quickly.  I have tried the modules in the same colored slots, nothing.  I have tried one in channel 0 and one in channel 2, nothing - it begins crashing.  It goes to the Windows Starting and then the four images come together like it is starting up but then it crashes. 

This is my first build and I have very limited knowledge regarding the settings in the BIOS.  I have been doing as much research as I can but I am at a complete loss.  Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.  I don't know if I should keep the Phenom II or the Athlon II?  The memory was on the compatibility list for the mobo.  Help please.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-MA785GMT-UD2H and instability
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 02:54:30 pm »
Hi, have you tried installing onto a different hard-drive? I have had a similar problem on one of my builds and it was a harddrive issue.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 04:42:22 pm »
Absic115,

Thank you for the suggestion.  The hard drive is one thing I haven't thought about.  So you loaded Windows 7 on to a different drive and were able to run multiple Dimms at once?

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 07:11:32 pm »
Yes. The hard drive was causing the problems. In fact, a friend got hold of 7 Western Digital caviar black drives and 5 were faulty. If you have an old HDD knocking around, try installing on that and see if you still have the same problem.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.