Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z77-UD3H crashes

Z77-UD3H crashes
« on: June 18, 2013, 02:58:17 pm »
I've had my motherboard for a couple of months now.  I have an i5-3570k in it, and it's overclocked to 4.3 GHz currently.  I've also got a nVidia GTX 660 for video, hooked up through HDMI to my TV.  Lately, I've been experiencing a few interesting crashes.

Most recently, last night I left my computer on to upload a torrent.  About 6 hours into the night, I woke up to a terrible buzzing noise coming from my speakers, like the sound output is locking up or something.  I checked the error code on the motherboard, and noticed A0 - the manual lists "IDE initialization started".  I don't have any IDE devices connected to the motherboard.  In fact, I wasn't aware that there was even an IDE header on the board.

I've seen the same symptoms a couple of times while gaming, too.  If I'm fullscreen for a long period of time, 3 or 4 hours maybe, the computer locks and I get the same buzzing/locked sound output.  No blue screen, no restart, it just hangs until I physically reboot.  Since I have to manually restart, I don't really have any dump info or other helpful information to post, either.

I know these issues aren't thermal; my idle temps are around 30C, and load temps while gaming sit at about 50-60C.  I thought it might be a CPU voltage issue with the overclock, but it was 48 hours stable under Prime95, and now that I'm seeing the same issue at load and idle, I'm not so sure.

Has anyone seen this type of behavior before?  Thanks for any input!

autotech

Re: Z77-UD3H crashes
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 12:47:15 am »
I have and it was video card related. Can you use a vga port to your tv i would try that first.
Secondly make sure your PSU is up to the task.
Third you can use driver sweeper and uninstall video drivers then use driver sweeper to get rid of any leftover video drivers then reinstall the most up to date video drivers for your card.
The buzzing is coming thru your HDMI Video output to the tv. Video related. What has always worked for me is cleaning drivers out and reinstalling latest ones. If is still does it download and older driver version and try it.
GA-Z170X-UD5,Core i5-6600K,16 GIG,3200 ram ,2 X Corsair 240GB SATA III SSD, 500 gig HD,7 ult 64\, Rx-480 8gig\

Z97X-SOC GIGABYTE, I5 4670k, 16 gig 1600 ram, 240 gig sata3 SSD,1x 500HD/ R9 280x, corsair 650 RM PSU

GA-Z97X-Gaming G1,850 corsair,,DDR4 3200,240SSd,6950 video,850EVA