Official GIGABYTE Forum

GB H77N ITX WiFi - no video output after a while

Janz

GB H77N ITX WiFi - no video output after a while
« on: August 20, 2013, 07:39:47 am »
Hi all,

I have deployed some of these motherboards - mostly working fine.

But one has its video disappear (internal OR Discrete modes/setups) 80% of the time.
So it boots fine a few times - then loses all video output.

It booted up fine the first few times. Using the on-board or IGX ports. (HDMI/DVI)

Added a video card and still no problem (GB GTX640 like the other similar builds i have)

However, after a while (not related to reboots or re-starts - but certainly "soon" - then all video output disappears.
Meaning no output from video card (discrete - any type or make) e.g. doing windows updates, a reboot or two then - blam - gone.

And if i remove the discrete video card then IGX (internal) video is OK (for a few reboots/re-starts)
Then it disappears too.

I can use the on-board DMI #1 or #2 or the DVI - works on any - BUT only the first few times

Once it "loses" the video i can only recover it by adding/removing a discrete video card.
OR a major HW change such as PSU/CPU/RAM may also help - but mainly its between IGX and PEG video.

What i set the 2 x BIOS video options to makes NO difference!
In fact - once a discrete video card is in - then FORGET using or booting from IGX. (IGX seems to get totally utterly disabled)

I changed RAM, CPU and PSU - and of course video cards (GTX 640's and even trying older MSI 460 Hawks)
So only the Motherboard is common.

All similar builds are all also using the F3c 'beta' bios - they work fine
And our other same builds run sweet - no problems and they have no issues like this at all and are all IDENTICAL with Dual screens using discrete video cards.

Any ideas or is it RMA time...sigh

thanks
Jan