Official GIGABYTE Forum

interminent issue UD3H not recognizing USB keyboards and mouse on boot.

JonZ

my Z87X UD3H doesn't recognize my G710 keyboard on boot most of the time, neither my older G15, neither are my mouse, it was impossible to me to get into the BIOS until I had to borrow to my friend a serial keyboard.  The problem is not always there, sometime it working, and lately, the workaround I found is to reset the CMOS with the screwdriver to make it working again and reload my profile. But as soon I boot into windows later, the problem persist later if I have to go in the BIOS again.

I'm not strictly speaking from BIOS accessibility, sometime when I want to get in safe mode it not possible neither so the problem really reside outside the OS.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 04:05:11 am by JONZ »

ysw

Re: interminent issue UD3H not recognizing USB keyboards and mouse on boot.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 03:33:47 am »
what's ur bios version? update to latest one to check
are there any other usb device connected? such as usb hub or other? remove them to check.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 03:39:32 am by ysw »

JonZ

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 06:00:32 am »
Latest BIOS here, F7 and now F8e.  Removing USB not solve the issue and it not a solution neither as I have no choice since the board back panel is only USB 3.0  Only the front panel usb 2.0 is working right except for the G15  but I am not going to sacrifice  my back IO usb for the front panel.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 06:02:24 am by JONZ »

ysw

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 03:17:31 am »
you may try to set xHCI to auto to check.
if not work, you may ask for gigabyte technical support http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/technical-support.aspx

TJ

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 09:44:08 pm »
This is exactly my experience with the same motherboard.  Any of my USB2 equipment plugged into the USB3 ports results in a randomly non booting system or keyboard and mouse randomly dropping out.  Plugged them all into the USB2 ports, problem resolved.

christianh

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 03:34:34 pm »
Experiencing the exact problem with a Dell usb-keyboard. Sometimes it work during boot sometimes not. Tested with all bios versions up to beta F8E.