Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z77X-UD5H want Raid1 on Marvell Controller. Can I get it after Win 7 installed?

I have a GA-Z77X-UD5H with a i5 3570 Intel CPU; the OS (win 7 64) is installed on an SSD.  Post installation of the OS, I wanted to set up a secondary drive as a RAID1 drive built from two terrabyte WDC drives.

The instruction manual walks you through setting up the RAID drive, then tells you to install the OS.  I thought that was just if you wanted the raided drive to host the OS, but only following the instructions through the BIOS and Marvell Controller changes doesn't give me a drive that I can see in windows explorer.

Am I right that I don't have to reinstall windows?  Am I missing something in setting up the RAID drive?

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Is the Marvell driver install in windows. Plus why you might not see it is that it isn't setup as a drive to you format it.

Go into control panel / administrative tools / computer management / storage / disk management.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

Thank you.  That worked.