Official GIGABYTE Forum

Issue with GA-Z77X-UD5H and DisplayPort

Issue with GA-Z77X-UD5H and DisplayPort
« on: July 09, 2013, 06:52:54 pm »
Hi,

I'm having an weird issue with my GA-Z77X-UD5H (v1.1) motherboard since I bough a Dell U2713HM Monitor.

The monitor came with a DVI cable but when setting the display at max resolution there were artifacts on screen. I then decided to buy and try a DisplayPort cable. It worked, but the following happens:

1) When I plug the cable in the videocard, the MBIOS led on the motherboard turn immediately on.
2) When shutting the computer down, everything seem to turn off but the MBIOS led. Then if I try to turn it on again, nothing happens. I have to unplug the system from the wall socket first.
3) When unplugging the DisplayPort cable from the videocard, everything is back to normal. The MBIOS led turns off and I can turn the computer on and off again.

I've already tested the monitor, videocard and PSU on another computer, without any issues. Any ideas??

My system specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K
MB: GA-Z77X-UD5H (v1.1)
RAM: Corsair 2x8GB
Videocard: eVGA GeForce GTX 780

Thanks in advance!!!

Daniel

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Issue with GA-Z77X-UD5H and DisplayPort
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 07:08:14 pm »
Hi,

you don't mention which BIOS version you are running on your motherboard. Have you tried updating to the latest version to see if that helps?
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 07:29:21 pm »
Oh, I was on f14 then upgraded to f15q.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 08:04:08 pm »
Might be worthwhile trying the F16c that is available from TweakTown here: http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios.html to see if that helps.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 08:45:37 pm »
I'll try that but I'm skeptical as I think it must be some kind of short-circuit....

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 12:13:09 am »
Just tested again with the f16 bios, still not working.

I've used another psu too. Now the mbios is not flashing, but I still can't turn the computer on again after shutting it down with the displayport cable connected...

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 10:33:06 pm »
Had the same problems.
It was the cable.
Some time ago now, but I think it is a problem with pin 20, it must not be connected. Cheap ones are.
Bought one from RS components, after looking at spec. Cost 32 quid.
Bingo, no problems.

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 09:55:44 pm »
Had the same problems.
It was the cable.
Some time ago now, but I think it is a problem with pin 20, it must not be connected. Cheap ones are.
Bought one from RS components, after looking at spec. Cost 32 quid.
Bingo, no problems.

YES that was the problem!!! I've bought a new cable and now everything is working flawlessly! Thank you a LOT!!  ;)

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 08:37:47 pm »
Great Stuff !
Now be nice to England in your World Cup !
Best wishes SF