Official GIGABYTE Forum

x99 gaming 5 hangs on splash

Jaiy

x99 gaming 5 hangs on splash
« on: May 19, 2015, 02:19:35 am »
Hello,
I was hoping to know what might be the reason for this annoyance.

Before my systems gets to windows 8.1 it hangs on the Gigabyte splash screen on won't go any further.

However, if I turn off the power and restart again it will pass and load the OS no problem.

I would like to be able to eliminate having always to restart the computer a second time every time I wish to use it.

Thanks for any help - it's appreciated

Re: x99 gaming 5 hangs on splash
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 09:21:07 am »
I have the same problem with this motherboard. If i attempt to enter bios it freezes.

Jaiy

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 04:00:39 pm »
I have the same problem with this motherboard. If i attempt to enter bios it freezes.

I don't have a problem getting into bios.  It just freezes before it gets to the OS; Unless, like I've mentioned before I restart the system for a second time.

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 03:42:29 am »
Hello,
I was hoping to know what might be the reason for this annoyance.

Before my systems gets to windows 8.1 it hangs on the Gigabyte splash screen on won't go any further.

However, if I turn off the power and restart again it will pass and load the OS no problem.

I would like to be able to eliminate having always to restart the computer a second time every time I wish to use it.

Thanks for any help - it's appreciated

Have you resolved this issue? I have the same issue with Windows 7.
Sometimes it hangs during bootup, and I have to restart. Ram and stability tests seem fine.

Do you have a USB game controller attached during bootup by chance?