Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-965QM-DS2 don't update the Bios

GA-965QM-DS2 don't update the Bios
« on: February 15, 2010, 02:31:58 am »
Hi. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits running in dual boot with Ubuntu on a 965QM-DS2 with 2 GB RAM (Smart/Samsung), a 250 GB Western Digital IDE HD, a LG Blu-Ray/HD-DVD drive and a Sapphire HD 4670/1GB. Last week I decide to upgrade the RAM and replace the old modules for 2 Kingston 2GB 800MHZ new ones in dual channel. Then the problems started. During the boot Windows don't load and the pc resets. Then, appears a message saying that "The bios in this system is not fully ACPI compliant" in the blue screen and that I have to update the Bios. Ok, that's what I did, and it didn't work. I updated the Bios from the F3 versio to the F4 (dowloaded from Gigabyte site) in through the Q-Flash (and later with the @bios Gigabyte Windows tool) and all seemed to be fine. Messagens that the update was sucessfull and everything, but then, the sistem stops the boot. It only loads until the "ME-BIOS SYNC - SUCESSFULL" screen then freezes. No HD boot; no CD-ROM boot; nothing. The PC only worked again after I put back the old F3 Bios version. The one that I'm supposed to update. I've already set the system to load fail-safe and optimized defaults, either. Also changed the RAM. Nothing works. And nobody can tell me what is going on with this mobo. I really apreaciate any help/insights.