Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-P35-DS3R intel matrix problem after BIOS update to R13

GA-P35-DS3R intel matrix problem after BIOS update to R13
« on: October 07, 2013, 10:26:12 pm »
Hi

I have ver 2.0 of board.

I have just updated my Win XP (32bit) system to BIOS R13 from R11.  System was setup with RAID 1 array on the Intel SATA controller, not the Gigabyte one.

I updated using @bios utility.

I then rebooted when prompted.  XP booted fine but noticed that Intel Matrix storage solution was not running and would not run, saying that driver missing.

Then went into BIOS and noticed that SATA RAID/AHCI mode was disabled.  I then enabled this and saw that my two drives were listed as part of RAID 1 array and OK.

When windows tried to boot an error came up about missing DLL needed I kernel!

Set sata mode back to disabled in BIOS and windows booted OK.

Installed latest chipset inf file.  Rebooted and tried installing Intel SATA RAID/AHCI Driver   8.9.0.1023 but it said that system did not meet system requirements.

I am now at a loss, any suggestion appreciated.

I want matrix storage solution to work as it shows me the status of raid array.

Many thanks

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: GA-P35-DS3R intel matrix problem after BIOS update to R13
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 11:58:01 pm »
By any chance are setting the Raid and the AHCI or just setting the Raid. You only want to set the raid controller. Push make sure in the boot priority the OS is booting first.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

Re: GA-P35-DS3R intel matrix problem after BIOS update to R13
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 08:05:54 pm »
Thank you for reply.

I am setting the SATA RAID/AHCI Mode to RAID and it is set in boot priority.

The Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode is set to IDE as that is the Gigabyte Sata2 SATA controller and not where my two hard disks are plugged into.

Best wishes