Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z77 UD5H wifi version and Voltages

Z77 UD5H wifi version and Voltages
« on: October 11, 2013, 02:07:50 pm »
Hello, I have, as the title says a Z77 UD5H mobo with a i7 3770k cpu, which I'm trying to OC -slightly-

The question I have is this. I'm using the voltage offset values to get the best results in terms of power draw when the system idles, I'm also overclocking using the Turbo Boost values -disabling turbo is not an option because the motherboard just doesn't boot-

But my problem is this. If I set the voltage to Normal in the BIOS and put an offset of 0, I can go to 4.3 Ghz (Turbo) and the processor won't require more than the standard 1.170 volts.

As soon as I put my multis to 4.4, leaving the rest untouched, I boot into windows to realize the motherboard is now giving the cpu a whooping 1.260 volts!!!!!!

wHaT tHe HeLl iS that!!!!!!!
Why does it do that and how do I controll it??
The cpu can easily run 4.4 with just 1.210 volts so why does the motherboard allows for this overvoltage? Or is it the CPU that adjusts it's requirements based on clocks??

I need help because I don't want to damage anything -can't buy back things just for fun-.

Thank you!
PS I'm on the F14 BIOS, running with 8GB 1600 Kingston HyperX memory and I have a 1100 Watts 80 plus Gold Certified PSU.