Official GIGABYTE Forum

What the best firmware for the motherboard GA-Z68X UD4 B3 (rev1.0)?

??? ??? hello friend of this community, i'ma begginer member of thi forum and i'm very happy!
I have a problem:  I have just a motherboard Gigabyte GA- Z68X UD4B3 (rev 1.0).
had just purchased the firmware F7. Then I updated with the firmware F10 .
Lately I've noticed that on the official website there was no longer Award but UEFI firmware with the latest version U1e .
I did the update that you are successfully concluded !
But I noticed that the sound did not work well : the audio files mp3, wma, wav files and audio video avi, mkv , mpeg no one listened ! Also did not work the software REALTEK audio 2.70 ! Only the Windows Sound and Audio streamin youtube etc. . worked perfectly .
I had to go back to adopt the procedure with a wild usb pen drive bootable executable file EFI2AWD.exe and firmware Z68XUD4.F10 to return to the bios Award.
I want to know which of the UEFI firmware U1a - U1b - U1c - U1d works perfectly ?
For case version U1e not need any special settings in the bios ? (I have the audio enabled but does not work the same) or need an updated version of the software / driver Realtek 2.70 ? It ' possible that among the many versions UEFI none work perfectly ?
Hopefully if you need to stay in the environment AWARD, What is the best firmware between F10a - F10b - F10c - F10d - F10e?

I apologize for this long post but I want to understand! I thank all those who want to help me figure out what firmware to use for the best performance and no bugs or other problems  :'( :'( :'(

Re: What the best firmware for the motherboard GA-Z68X UD4 B3 (rev1.0)?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 06:45:15 am »
 :-[ :-[ nothing help me?

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 06:02:41 pm »
The thing here is that this is a user to user forum. You might have to wait till some body with that series of boards can help.

The only thing I would do is go back one update to F9. Plus I wouldn't update to the UEFI bios because people are having problems with that bios.

I'm sorry I wish I could help more but I don't have one of those boards. Plus this board wasn't really made for that bios UEFI.

I think they did to keep people happy that had these board to have it where they could have a UEFI bios.

X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 09:46:54 am »
In fact, I read in some forums that this motherboard has problems with the bios U1E mainly with the audio.
What I can not explain is why the official website of the Gigabyte has released as an update: Not only that, but before U1E, has published 4 other versions before: (U1a-U1B-U1C-U1D).
In other forums say that with the latest Realtek audio driver on 2.71, have no problem with the firmware U1E. Mystery!
But what is gained to move from a Award bios to a UEFI BIOS?

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 01:20:36 pm »
People say that the reason they want the UEFI is that the computer will boot faster.

So big deal my computer now boots in 30 sec vs 1 min.  Other than that I wouldn't waste my time with it.

There was one guy that said he would not go back to the older bios. Because now it booted faster.

He said he could live with the problems for now till they could fix them. He like how fast his computer booted.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 07:12:52 pm »
I installed the latest Realtek 2.71 drivers for the motherboard GA-68X ZX UD4 B3 for audio. I did the firmware update of the bios to UEFI U1E, but the Realtek software does not work. We hear only the sounds of Windows and the audio stream from web (youtube, video cameo etc ...).
But the audio files (mp3, wav, wma) audio and video mpeg, avi, mkv instead is dumb. So I had to go back to the firmware F10