Official GIGABYTE Forum

Issues with Gigabyte Download Center

Re: Issues with Gigabyte Download Center
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2015, 09:24:45 pm »
Hi there,

I'm posting to find out whether anybody has and/or is having the same issues as me and whether anyone has found out any fixes to rectify the problems.

The issues I am currently experiencing with the Gigabyte Download Center are in IE10 but one issue has been reoccurring since we bought the PC (Zoostorm) at the end of last November or beginning of December and that is the Realtek HD Audio Driver not disappearing from the Downloads Page after downloading and installing the driver update and revisiting the Downloads Page. Below were supposed to be illustrations of the problems with descriptions but have been replaced with links instead, reason as to why I did this is in the paragraph at the end of the thread.  Reinstalled PC on 29/09/2013 due to component registry problems with Task Scheduler which were associated with the renaming of the main Admin account.

At first when clicking the “GO !!” button in the Gigabyte Download Center, the button isn’t responsive in IE9 and IE10 even with Compatibility View enabled and requires you to click the “If download center do not Function properly. Please Download Scanning element program Manually” to install InstallOBJ.exe component whereas in IE8 it prompted you to install the InstallOBJ.exe component with clicking the Information bar at the top of the window instead of at the bottom of the window, selecting Download, clicking Run > Yes to prompts and returns you back to the same page except when you clicked on the “GO !!” button immediately, it came up with a message saying “Please wait for DL program” in which you clicked OK and waited for component to register for a few minutes before clicking the “GO !!” button again.

However when revisiting the Gigabyte Download Center after downloading the InstallOBJ.exe component and initialising the Gigabyte Download Center in IE9 and IE10, the above message appears “This Driver can’t release to failure!!” after clicking “GO !!” Clicking OK produces the same message for another 3 times and produces the screenshot below.

Click “Close the program” and returns back to the same page saying that IE has recovered the page in the Information bar at the bottom of the screen in which you click Close.

Click “If download center do not Function properly. Please Download Scanning element program Manually” and you will be prompted by Information bar, click Run to install InstallOBJ.exe.

Click Yes to UAC prompt.

Click “GO !!” button to initiate wizard, produces “This Driver can’t release to failure!!” message in IE9 and IE10 whereas in IE8 it goes straight to scanning page, click OK.

On first use of the wizard, it comes up with the Download bar in IE8 to download the InstallOBJ.exe component in which you click the Information bar and then select Download in which the page refreshes and comes up with a UAC prompt, click Yes and wait for the page to load in which it’ll direct you to the downloads page whereas IE9 and IE10 go straight through to downloads page. However when returning to the wizard, IE8 prompts you to run the InstallOBJ.exe component in which you click Run and Yes to UAC prompt, IE9 and IE10 again go straight through to the downloads  page.

Downloads page comes up with all downloads related to the Motherboard components installed inside of the PC except it comes up with 2 of all, most of them exactly the same whereas some of them come up with different version numbers as illustrated in the screenshot above and below. Clicking “Click to Install All Drivers” and “Install” to each driver comes up with another loading page showing that the drivers are being downloaded and installed and return you back to the download page where the downloads are still present? Clicking “Save As…” followed by the Information bar prompting to Run or Save in IE9 and IE10 or to Download in IE8, if IE9 or IE10 click Run and then Yes to UAC prompt whereas in IE8 click Information bar, select Download, click Run and then Yes to UAC prompt and to follow instructions on screen to install each driver. Again when returning to downloads page it still says that I have got updates outstanding?   

Please could one of the moderators notify the developers to improve the validation messages so that they make sense in the program. Are there any ways in which these issues can be resolved? I.e. redesigning the program completely

Also I have tried using another web browser such as the latest version of Google Chrome and the program wouldn’t work due to it being ActiveX based instead of Java plug-in based for non-IE browsers, would this be possible to do? Also can anyone please let us know of any issues surrounding the Gigabyte Download Center with other non-IE web browsers.

Also throughout the process I have been using both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of IE8, 32-bit and 64-bit versions of IE9 and 32-bit and 64-bit versions of IE10 have been merged together.

Are some of these issues historical i.e. have they been present in other versions of Windows prior to Windows 7 and in other versions of IE prior to IE8? Also can anyone please let us know of this.

Many thanks,

RocknRollTim

Current Computer specs are:
Motherboard: GA-H61-S2PV
CPU: Intel Pentium CPU G840 2.80GHz
HDD: 320GB (non-solid state)
RAM: 6GB
(This one has the issues described with IE10)

Previous Computer specs were:
Motherboard: GA-M68SM-S2L
CPU: AMD 64 Athlon 1.60GHz
HDD: 250GB (non-solid state)
RAM : 1GB
(This one had the issues described with IE8)

P.S. Screenshots of the processes are included in https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=1550B779A1E09442!2226 and are in order as the picture function doesn't allow to upload images with a certain number of pixels. Haven't tried Gigabyte Download Center with IE11 yet as it is only present with Windows 8.1, if anybody has tested this please could you notify users of any issues you encountered similar to mine.

Moderator Edit:
The image link shown above seems to be incorrect, so try this one instead: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=1550b779a1e09442&id=1550B779A1E09442%212226

Pretty disconcerning that this is STILL an issue a year later. Windows 7,8 and now 10 Preview all do this to me, GIGA needs to fix this.

Faslane

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2015, 03:37:03 pm »
Hi Faslane and welcome to the forum. I have submitted an evaluation report to email support as part of the case to help them improve the Download Center, hopefully I will hear a response from them soon and to let everyone know in this thread as well as people reading this thread know of where they are up to with this case.

Regards,

RocknRollTim

« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 03:37:58 pm by RocknRollTim »

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2015, 12:10:13 am »
It is driving me insane! I cannot believe this is still an issue. Win10 preview and every start up I get 2 "This Driver can't release to failure!!" What does that even mean? Can you put an even more vague error? Plus for ages I could not find out what damn program was putting this error up.
If I go to live update I receive two errors as well. What's silly is I downloaded this AND installed it again via the disc. I have no actual apps installed.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 12:52:43 am by Thraxan »

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2015, 12:57:36 pm »
I believe I have found a solution. It appears to be one of gigabyte's apps called cloud station. I don't personally use cloud station so I had no issue with uninstalling it. I got this exact same issue with windows 10, so I set out to find this solution.

When you start up your PC and you get the error, press ctlr+alt+del and open the task manager. What I noticed is that the cloud station app was open. I didn't know if it had anything to do with the error but I decided to uninstall it and it worked. I also got rid of a few other of the apps I don't really use so its possible that one of those were the actual reason behind the error.

I'm sorry if you like to use the apps gigabyte offers but if you're just trying to get get rid of the error then from my experience this works.

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2015, 02:10:13 pm »
Hi Thraxan and Zerandi and welcome to the forum, thank you for helping out Thraxan with his or her problem Zerandi. Also just to let you know that email support are aware of the issues with the Download Center and should be aware of the issues with LiveUpdate, I have submitted a summary report to them on 2nd August regarding the issues with the Download Center and got a response back saying they have escalated the feedback to the software team for further assistance. I'll keep youse all posted still.

Regards,

RocknRollTim

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2015, 02:16:14 pm »
I believe I have found a solution. It appears to be one of gigabyte's apps called cloud station. I don't personally use cloud station so I had no issue with uninstalling it. I got this exact same issue with windows 10, so I set out to find this solution.

When you start up your PC and you get the error, press ctlr+alt+del and open the task manager. What I noticed is that the cloud station app was open. I didn't know if it had anything to do with the error but I decided to uninstall it and it worked. I also got rid of a few other of the apps I don't really use so its possible that one of those were the actual reason behind the error.

I'm sorry if you like to use the apps gigabyte offers but if you're just trying to get get rid of the error then from my experience this works.

Thanks Zerandi. This resolved the issue for me after installing Windows 10. :D :D :D

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2015, 02:24:53 pm »
Welcome to the forum Noreast and glad to hear that Zerandi's solution worked for you.

Regards,

RocknRollTim

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2015, 05:15:40 pm »

This has not helped me as I have no such app :/

Bhavin

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2015, 07:27:25 am »
Hello,

I am having the same issue "the driver cant release to failure". After my PC boots and desktop screen appears, the popup is seen with the message "the driver cant release to failure".Even after closing the popup, it appears again and again.

I have bought a new one and installed apps and drivers from Gigabyte cd (GIGABYTE GA-B85M-D3H LGA 1150). I have Windows 10.

Any solution to this problem?

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2015, 09:20:17 am »
@Thraxan If you haven't got Cloud Station installed you will need to download it from Gigabyte's Download Page with either entering the serial or model number or selecting the product from the drop-down boxes, please could you confirm whether your problem is still related to LiveUpdate?

@Bhavin Welcome to the forum, may I ask you what the last app you installed from the Gigabyte CD? If you open up Programs and Features and put the programs in date or in modified date order you should be able determine which program causes the error and to uninstall it.

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2015, 09:09:36 pm »
Hi! I also suffered from that "driver", that "can't release to failure"

I'm not sure whether this is a really good solution, but I got rid of the popup. This is what I did:

- downloaded the latest version of AppCenter, installed it
- copy ...\Gigabyte\AppCenter\ycc.dll to ..\Gigabyte\AppCenter\drvUpd\DLLs\ycc.dll overwriting the existing file (make a backup before)

Haven't had the popup ever since, though everything seems to work well.

Currently using FastBoot, EasyTune, SIV, V-Tuner and Live Update.

Can anyone confirm this?

EDIT: Does not seem to work for @BIOS, but who wants that anyway...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 09:27:14 pm by congobongo1911 »

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2015, 10:17:41 pm »
I can't confirm for you congobongo1911 but welcome to the forum though.

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2015, 10:16:47 pm »
I too am having the same issue.  Which has resulted in me NOT installing the App Center software (for the time being)

I'm running a b85m-hd3  board, all the drivers have installed without issue.  But when I install the App Center, I get the error mentioned above.

Any ideas/ resolution ?

Hartley

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2015, 07:03:03 am »
Another one here. Completed a new PC build with Windows 10. Installed the App centre from my CD that came with the motherboard and repeatedly get the same pop-up message, "Driver" can't release to failure". I got more than one on start-up. I was closing the messages and another one would immediately pop up, close it down and then another one would pop up again. In the end, I had enough of it and I uninstalled the App centre and all its associated other utilities that came with it. Since then, no more pop-up messages.

I thought maybe the App centre on the CD was out of date and was going to try downloading it from the official Gigabyte download page. I started a new thread asking for help in the direction of downloading the latest App Centre for Windows 10 but surprisingly, got no replies so I left it and didn't bother.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 07:09:17 am by Hartley »

« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2015, 05:09:44 pm »
@BazingaSmith I totally agree with Hartley, its better to not install the App Center until Gigabyte sort it out whenever that may be. By the way welcome to the forum.

@Hartley Best not to install App Center for not now.