Official GIGABYTE Forum

My email has stopped working.

Nico3

My email has stopped working.
« on: October 26, 2013, 07:39:42 am »
 Everything on my S1082 was working well, no problems at all. About a couple of weeks ago noticed I stopped receiving emails and could not send emails either.

Noticed on some occasions when I open the email tile a small message appears on the top right hand corner saying that my email address is unavailable.

I connect to the internet by WiFi to my 3G modem which has worked perfectly since I bought the tablet.

Am on Telstra (Australia) and am a Bigpond client.

Any other Australian users out there whom could give a tip on how to get my emails working again ?

Can't remember doing any changes to the settings unless I've done something unwittingly.

davidbec

Re: My email has stopped working.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 01:50:11 am »
You should upgrade to Windows 8.1 and try again. Microsoft made a lot of changes to the Mail application which may fix the issue.
Happy S1080 owner from Barbados

Nico3

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 07:38:23 pm »
No the problem lies with Bigpond when they merged with Telstra. Rang the Telstra technical help and after a 20 min wait the support person could not give any advice.

The person could only give assistance for Apple based devices if you can believe it.  >:(

Knew nothing about Windows based devices.

Ray!

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 08:28:09 am »
I'm with Telstra Bigpond and haven't had any issues with my @bigpond.com emails. It will have nothing to do with the OS, but everything to do with your email client. I use Outlook, what do you use?

Whatever client you are using, make sure that you have selected POP3 and:

- Incoming mail server: mail.bigpond.com
- Outgoing mail server: mail.bigpond.com

And ensure that your username (name@bigpond.com) and password are correct.

Nico3

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 08:28:32 pm »
Back in September Telstra and Bigpond merged or changed their structure, some updates were sent however at that time was not logging on with my tablet and reading emails so missed the updates.

Was reading my emails on another computer.

Have been onto Telstra help twice. One person admitted she could only configure Apple products and knew nothing about windows type computers.

Great help.

No one in Telstra seems to know how to configure a Windows 8 computer.

Have been on Telstra help online for hours, there is a patch but when I try to download it just get a message "Oops we can't download that just now".

Sent a message to Telstra via this online help but have not had any reply.

Have gone into settings on my Outlook and for some reason it will not accept POP3.

Ray!

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 08:44:14 pm »
Try creating a new account and let Outlook search automatically for the settings. If that doesn't work try setting up a new account manually, using the same settings, but just with a different name in the User Information section.

Nico3

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 09:16:32 pm »
One of the Telstra people tried that I think, we did a lot of things, but will give it another go and see what happens.