Official GIGABYTE Forum

LAN Driver for GA-Z87X-D3H

LAN Driver for GA-Z87X-D3H
« on: October 27, 2013, 02:23:25 pm »
I am setting up a new server based on the following:

GA-Z87X-D3H
Intel Xeon E3-1230 V3
Windows Server 2012 R2

The OS installs just fine, but no driver for the onboard LAN port is found. I have tried to download the INTEL PROWinX64.exe driver, which is supposed to support my Windows Server 2012 R2, but no compatible network interface is found when I'm running the installation.

Please help, which driver can be used to have my server online?

ysw

Re: LAN Driver for GA-Z87X-D3H
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 02:35:25 am »
as i know, some intel lan chip doesn't support server OS. (not provide driver for server os)
you may write gigiabyte technical support email to check.

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 06:11:36 am »
as i know, some intel lan chip doesn't support server OS. (not provide driver for server os)

Thank you for replying.
I have written to Gigabyte but haven't heard from them so far. Will update this thread as soon as I hear from them.
Concerning Win Server 2012 R2, I had the impression that this is the "server version" (as you might call it) of Windows 8.1?, in the same way as Win Server 2012 was related to Windows 8? If this is true, why isn't it possible to use a Windows 8.1 driver?

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 09:03:53 am »

Yes, you are right. Just received an answer from Gigabyte and they confirm that the  i217V LAN chip does not support Server O.S.
 :( :(