Official GIGABYTE Forum

R9 280x reverts (resets) Monitor (LG m2550) settings

R9 280x reverts (resets) Monitor (LG m2550) settings
« on: November 15, 2013, 02:13:56 pm »
Hello guys.

I purcharsed a R9-280x Windforce no more than 4 days ago. It's been working great, except for one little tidbit: Every few minutes (usually every 20 minutes, although it does vary) my monitor (LG M2550A-PM) reverts back to factory settings (brightness, contrast, color and backlighting values are all reset).

Now, I know what you are thinking: "That's your monitor's fault, not the card's". I believed that to be the case for a while, too. However, I've been using this monitor for over a year and with 2 different graphic cards: A Radeon 6570 and a GeForce GTX 460 (192-bit/768MB). I've used it in both VGA and HDMI connections with all 3 cards, and this issue has never happened before the 280x, not even once, with the previous cards.

I've already checked temps and clocks. The clocks are exactly as advertised, 1000 / 1100 for the core and 1500 for the memory. The card is not overclocked. I don't have any artifacts. Temps are under 67ºC when Folding@Home is at full throttle, it's probably a tad lower when gaming. Idle temps are under 40ºC.

This issue persists even with no AMD drivers or catalyst installed. I've already tried flashing the F3 BIOS and then went back to original BIOS, but no dice.

My current resolution is 1920x1080 and the refresh rate is 60hz. Both are fully supported by this monitor. I have LG's driver installed, and my OS is Win7-64bit.

I've ran out of ideas. Is the card faulty? Is it possible that my monitor simply does not play well with this card? Any input is appreciated...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 02:15:11 pm by Daileon »