Official GIGABYTE Forum

USB Problem with Turtle Beach Ear Force PLa Headset on GA-B75M-D2V

I recently purchased a  Turtle Beach Ear Force PLa Headset but I cannot get it to work on either Windows8 or 8.1 on my GA-B75M-D2V despite the fact that it works perfectly on a Windows 8 PC (no idea of specs) at the store where I bought it.
I also found that it is also incompatible with two Intel Windows 7 PCs.

On W8.1 I get "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)"

Would welcome any info.

Thanks in advance.

Re: USB Problem with Turtle Beach Ear Force PLa Headset on GA-B75M-D2V
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 02:15:02 am »
It is now apparently impossible to download drivers from the Gigabyte download site.
No matter which download option is chosen what you get is the setup.exe for some Driver Update application for which one has to pay.
Eventually found the Intel Chipset Drivers for Windows 8.1 on the New Zealand Gigabyte site.

The headset now works correctly, but it does seem that USB on 8.1 is somewhat sensitive and unpredictable.
If I move the headset to another USB port then I have to reboot to get it to work.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 08:13:48 am »
It is now apparently impossible to download drivers from the Gigabyte download site.
No matter which download option is chosen what you get is the setup.exe for some Driver Update application for which one has to pay.

I have to say that I have not encountered this issue.

I have tested several web browsers and various Gigabyte downloads for different motherboards this morning and they all downloaded correctly with no pop-ups or being asked to pay for Driver application software. Are you sure you haven't been hit by some Malware?
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 08:30:51 am »
It would appear that I was misled by a site misrepresented as the official Gigabyte site:-
Gigabyte Drivers Download - (Recommended) Gigabyte Drivers‎
gigabyte.official-drivers.com/‎

The correct site is of course:- http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4402&dl=1#driver