Official GIGABYTE Forum

important info regarding BIOS updates

mikeyb5753

important info regarding BIOS updates
« on: November 30, 2013, 08:55:06 am »
I recently updated the BIOS on my F2A88XM-HD3 which actually took away some RAM compatibility.

Not sure whether gigabyte realize what they have done, also not sure if this is happening to other models.

So if anyone's flashed the BIOS recently to find it will no longer boot - try different RAM.
F2A88XM-HD3
A8-5500 - Coolermaster Seidon 120M
8GB
2x msi 7850 twin frozr
Corsair CX430M
Sandisk 120GB SSD
Seagate 3TB

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: important info regarding BIOS updates
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 11:11:37 am »
I've got to say that I have not come across this myself..... yet.

Of course, when it comes to updating the BIOS the old adage "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" really does have to be foremost in any users thoughts and I have seen/heard of too many boards being bricked because a user just wanted the latest BIOS.

Updating the BIOS is NOT like updating system drivers and should only be undertaken when you really need a newer BIOS to support a new CPU, GPU or other hardware or because of other essential updates for the motherboard's components.

Yes, a new BIOS should work, especially if previous versions have been stable, but we are dealing with computers and things don't always work out the way they should.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

mikeyb5753

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 08:26:53 am »
I updated the BIOS to activate kaveri functionality.

It's always good to keep up to date with BIOS updates on modern motherboards, especially with UEFI as they usually add new functionality

Updating the BIOS should not be a risky procedure - certainly not with modern hardware.  Why don't TV's and STB's suffer from this problem when they auto-update?

F2A88XM-HD3
A8-5500 - Coolermaster Seidon 120M
8GB
2x msi 7850 twin frozr
Corsair CX430M
Sandisk 120GB SSD
Seagate 3TB

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 09:39:35 pm »
hi can anyone help me  i have a GA-Z170 X G1 running window10 pro 64 bit and i can't  uses @bios sever it keeps saying cann't get bios . ini file in selected @bios sever .