Official GIGABYTE Forum

Vista install problems on Gigabyte 945P-S3 mainboard

JackF

Vista install problems on Gigabyte 945P-S3 mainboard
« on: February 20, 2010, 08:27:03 am »
Hi all,

I have a PC with a Gigabyte 945P-S3 mainboard with latest BIOS and a SATA harddisk drive and IDE DVD-RW( recognized in the BIOS) .
While installing Vista i get a screen where Vista can't see any harddrives . On the website i can't find any SATA drivers . Anyone has a suggestion ?

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Vista install problems on Gigabyte 945P-S3 mainboard
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 01:56:35 pm »
Are you installing from original Windows Vista Disk?
I have had similar issues when trying to use a back-up copy that I had burned to DVD, would start OK but then say I needed to install SATA Drivers. But hey presto, using original disk, no issue!
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

JackF

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 02:16:03 pm »
Yes i tried with official Vista disk and official Windows 7 disk but it doesn't work

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 03:58:51 pm »
Is the Hard Disk new? Sometimes Windows can struggle with new drives. Have you access to another PC where you can install your Hard drive and format it before trying to install OS?
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

JackF

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 06:39:36 pm »
Thanks for the fast reply ! The harddisk is a 500Gb harddisk and the harddisk is already formatted on another Vista PC . The Vista  installation still doesn't recognize the harddisk  :( and is asking for drivers which I don't find on the website , i tried some other ones of Intel and ITE but still it doesn't work

gilgamesh

• overclockerstech
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 11:14:04 pm »
Thanks for the fast reply ! The harddisk is a 500Gb harddisk and the harddisk is already formatted on another Vista PC . The Vista  installation still doesn't recognize the harddisk  :( and is asking for drivers which I don't find on the website , i tried some other ones of Intel and ITE but still it doesn't work

do you have your SATA set to raid or AHCI? if that is the case then thats hte issue. Windows vista should not ask for any drivers if in SATA-IDE mode!

Can you also check if the BIOS sees the hdd buddy?

Can you please check for us mate?

gilgamesh
www.overclockerstech.com , for the best in PC water cooling and hardware news

JackF

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 07:41:40 pm »
The BIOS recognizes HDD and DVD so that's not a problem.
There is no option to set the SATA configuration to RAID or AHCI ...
I use the latest BIOS .