Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z87-HD3 BIOS problem with HDMI

Z87-HD3 BIOS problem with HDMI
« on: December 17, 2013, 09:37:53 am »
Just got this board, but I have a problem with accessing the BIOS via HDMI.

I have a Sapphire 7870 and when I use HDMI and I try to get into the BIOS it doesn't do anything and continues to boot windows. If I use VGA it works. I have tried DVI and VGA to other monitors and they work and HDMI to another TV and it works. But on this TV is just won't work. Any ideas?

I can't really send this back as it works on another HDMI TV, it's not easily reproducible. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has experienced these issues at all.  ???

Re: Z87-HD3 BIOS problem with HDMI
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 03:01:27 pm »
It looks like some Gigabyte board really have an Issue on BIOS & Displays.

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: Z87-HD3 BIOS problem with HDMI
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 03:37:54 pm »
I understand what you are talking about. But it isn't the board. It has to do with what devices you have it connected too.

The other thing you have to look at. Is now you are using a UEFI bios that is really fast to the old legacy bios.

That's how it is on some TV's and monitors it will search for the connection. I had the same problem with a monitor that was a LED.

By the time it does find what it is looking for it is to late. I had to change monitors so I can get into the bios when working computers.

One thing you can try is watch the # & caps little lights. When they blink start hitting the Del key. 

My windows 8.1 boots really fast. From the time I push the power button till I'm in windows is about 15 to 20 sec's

The other thing is the board doesn't pick and choose which device that it is connected too.

If it was the board it would do it on all of them Sorry not the board.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 03:40:11 pm by dmdilks »
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.