Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte HD5770 Driver Stops Working

Gigabyte HD5770 Driver Stops Working
« on: February 22, 2010, 03:11:27 pm »
Hi,

I just built a new system with a P55 Gigabyte MB and a Gigabyte HD5770 video card.  The rig works fine with programs that do not demand much from the video card.  When I try to run the free Dirt 2 video game that came with it the driver stops working.  Can't even get past the start up screen. 

It also stops working when in Adobe Preimer elements when I move the "current time indicator"  (CTI) with the mouse.

The main reason for this rig was to do video editing with out waiting.

I have loaded all the latest motherboard and video card drivers.  Nothing seems to help.  At one time I got a message from the Win 7 OS that the driver stopped working 60 times and needs updated.  This is after the most recent driver was loaded.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: Gigabyte HD5770 Driver Stops Working
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 07:39:21 pm »
UPDATE!! :-*

When I posted the above message I did not know ATI has just offered a new driver a few days before.  I just got my HD5770 working this weekend.  I broke the normal troubleshooting "law" and made several changes all at once.  Not sure which one made the difference but here is what I did.
1) powered down the whole system and cleared the CMOS with the jumper on the MB
2) swapped out the PCI power cord for the "extra" one that came with the PSU
3) plugged in the PCI power cord into the other modular PCI connector on the PSU
4) straightened the red & white wires on the HD5770 that plug into the video card next to the PCI power plug
5) updated the BOIS to the newest (F8)
6) Reset BIOS to my specific settings for RAID etc...
7) downloaded the whole Cadalist package dated 2-17-10
8.) restarted the system a couple of times and tested Dirt 2 and Premiere Elements
All apperars to be well at this time.

Not sure which change made a difference, but I am glad that is over!!!!  (knock on wood) ;D
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 07:40:01 pm by diyGUYpost »

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
Re: Gigabyte HD5770 Driver Stops Working
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 12:24:33 am »
Sorry for lack of reply mate, you post didn't come up on the "Show unread posts" thing, was only by chance I saw this.

How are things now?
There's no place like ::1