Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z68X-UD4-B3 + i5-2500k BIOS refuses to change, please help

Taiyou

Z68X-UD4-B3 + i5-2500k BIOS refuses to change, please help
« on: January 23, 2014, 01:36:37 am »
I did my first ever OC to 4.0 GHz following a few guides, and it was successful and stable. However, I looked around and decided to enable the EIST and C3/C6 Functions, to see if I could get my clock and temps to go down on idle, instead of staying on 4.0 GHz, constantly generating heat.

Well, upon saving and booting, I didn't quite get the results I wanted. I was jumping between 1.6 and 4.0 with no middle ground, so I decided to just go disable the functions and let it run at 4.0. After all, the guides recommended those settings be off anyways. Save, boot, and what do I have?

I'm stuck now at 3.4 GHz. When there's NO load, it'll go up to 3.7 GHz periodically, and jump between that and 1.6. However, whenever I start up Intel Burn Test or Prime95, or even watch a youtube video, it doesn't go any higher than 3.4.

Changing settings in BIOS does nothing. The only time I was able to get a change was when I updated my bios from F5 to F10 (I think that's the latest for my MB, but if someone else knows better please do let me know!). All that ended up doing was taking it back to stock settings. I figured I might have a clean slate to work with again, but following the guides again, to the exact same settings as the very first successful post still leaves me in the 3.4-3.7 GHz limbo. I can't even get it back to stock speeds again.

Any help at all would be wonderful!