Official GIGABYTE Forum

How to disable power saving on X58 board

How to disable power saving on X58 board
« on: January 07, 2014, 09:33:28 am »
Hello
Despite changing all the 'power saving options' on my i7 64 Bit PC with Gigabyte X58-USB3 board to 'never turn off' my computer insists on entering 'power save mode' - most recently when rendering a movie in windows movie maker. It also does this when sitting idle with a music program open. I am guessing that there is a power save mode built into the MOBO but I'm damned if I can find it. My drivers for Graphics Car and everything elsed are up to date. It also enters 'power save mode' when I am uploading a large file - so it seems that despite the computer being active it still does it. I've tried installing NoSleepHD and also Caffeione to stop the HDs going into sleep, that makes no difference either. After an exhaustive internet search I found a thread about a similar problem on ASUS boards (see thread below) - but in that person's case the board went into power save exactly 20 minutes everytime. My problem is seemingly completely random.

Here's the thread I mentioned: http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/110421-windows-7-enters-power-save-after-20-minutes.html

Any help would be much appreciated.

Rich