Official GIGABYTE Forum

Cannot install windows 7 on my GA-970A-DS3P please help! new

Cannot install windows 7 on my GA-970A-DS3P please help! new
« on: January 16, 2014, 05:00:28 am »
I'm having issues installing windows 7 (32-bit) on my new GA-970A-DS3P.  I'm running a AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD8350FRHKBOX.  I tried downloading all the drivers for the windows 32 bit on my usb but everytime I install my usb in the motherboard socket it doesn't see the drivers.  I don't know what to do i tried calling gigabyte several times and didn't get any help but to try downloading the drivers and install.  This again did not work for me.  Please help?????????  Any info would be great i need to be pointed  in the right direction.  Alos I'm installing windows with my USB using a .iso file.  Please help me I've been stuck on this for days. 

I'm using
AMD processor
GigaByte Motherboard
Video card 270x R9
1800 power supply
2 8gb ram cards

MisterEd

Re: Cannot install windows 7 on my GA-970A-DS3P please help! new
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 05:49:03 am »
If you show the Device Manager are there any devices that are not working properly?

Your motherboard has 12 USB 2.0 ports. 6 on the back panel and 6 via headers on the motherboard. These should work with the chipset driver.
Your motherboard has 4 USB 3.0 ports. 2 on the back panel and 2 via headers on the motherboard. These should work with the VIA USB 3.0 Driver".

The USB 3.0 ports may not work right off until their driver is installed. You will notice that in the Device Manager. If that is true then stick with the USB 2.0 ports until the VIA USB 3.0 driver is installed.

Are any of the USB ports working? According to the manual they should be enabled in the BIOS by default. If none of the them are working you may have to install the chipset and USB 3.0 drivers for them to work. If you have the drivers on a USB stick but none of the ports are working can you at least get to the internet? If so you can email the drivers to yourself and get them to the computer that way.

BTW, do you really have 2 8GB sticks of RAM? If so why are you installing a 32-bit version of Windows 7? Windows 7 32-bit can only use at most 4GB of RAM. The rest is wasted.
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 v1.0 | AMD FX-8350 | Corsair H60 | GSkill RipjawsX (2x4GB) | ASUS GeForce GTX 560 | Windows 7 Ult 64-bit
ASUS M4N82 Deluxe | AMD Phenom II X4 960T | Corsair XMS2 (4x2GB) | PNY GeForce GTS 250 | Windows 7 Home Prem  64-bit

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 06:45:51 am »
Thanks for the quick response.  I do know how to get to the bios just hold delete when I boot up.  I'm not sure about how to reach the device manager tho.  which tab is it under mit, System, bios features, peripherals, power management, or q-flash.  Also I see the usb folder that I labeled as drivers when I'm trying to install the drivers I downloaded from the gigabyte website.  I don't see the drivers inside the drivers folder tho, so it shows me the folders were I have the drives but it doesn't show the drivers inside the folders.  It will show the folder as being empty and when I tell it to scan for the drives in the drivers folder it says that I don't have the right drives or check to see if drivers are in file.  I named the folder inside the usb as drivers fyi.  Also windows 32 bit is the only one that I have on me now.  I'm going to this website to download the drivers http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4591#.  please let me know if this is the right site if not then were do I go?  I downloaded all the drivers on the web url I provided which ones do you think I need for windows 7 to work?

MisterEd

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 09:57:13 am »
I can't tell you exactly what drivers to install because sometimes Windows 7 already has them on the DVD and installs them for you.
To see the Device Manager (method 1):
Click Start button
Right Click on Computer
Click on Manage
Under Computer Management click on Device Manager

To see the Device Manager (method 2):
Click Start button
Click on Control Panel
Click on Hardware and Sound
Under Devices and Printers click on Device Manager

Any devices not working right should stick out and have a yellow explanation point next to it

The US site for the GA-970A-DS3P is:
http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4591#ov

A couple of drivers you might try are:

AMD Chipset Driver (include chipset \ sata raid driver)
http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/motherboard_driver_amd_chipset_win7.exe

VIA USB 3.0 Driver
http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/mb_driver_via-usb3.exe

You might want to try Audio and LAN drivers but you may not need them.
These files are executable so all you have to do is double-click them.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 09:59:39 am by MisterEd »
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 v1.0 | AMD FX-8350 | Corsair H60 | GSkill RipjawsX (2x4GB) | ASUS GeForce GTX 560 | Windows 7 Ult 64-bit
ASUS M4N82 Deluxe | AMD Phenom II X4 960T | Corsair XMS2 (4x2GB) | PNY GeForce GTS 250 | Windows 7 Home Prem  64-bit

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 03:32:32 pm »
Ohhhhh No I can't even get to the device manager.  I'm at the beginning of the install stage.  It won't even install windows 7 for me to go to the device manager.  All I can access is the BIOS.  After I save and quite out of my BIOS it takes me to the beginning of the install of windows 7.  It has a bar that is a quarter filled at the bottom.  It stops and tells me to install the drivers now before I can complete the install of windows 7.

MisterEd

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 06:55:18 pm »
Ohhhhh No I can't even get to the device manager.  I'm at the beginning of the install stage.  It won't even install windows 7 for me to go to the device manager.  All I can access is the BIOS.  After I save and quite out of my BIOS it takes me to the beginning of the install of windows 7.  It has a bar that is a quarter filled at the bottom.  It stops and tells me to install the drivers now before I can complete the install of windows 7.
I have never seen a problem like that. The only exception was that years ago SATA drivers were not native to the Windows installation. Even that should not be a problem now because most SATA ports can now emulate IDE until the SATA drivers are installed.

For me Windows has always had the basic drivers available to at least get to the desktop the first time. After Windows booted the first time I would install any needed drivers.

Is your motherboard set to the default values? What drivers are being asked to be installed?