Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-73PVM-S2H MB board graphics & Dual Monitor config

isbcs

GA-73PVM-S2H MB board graphics & Dual Monitor config
« on: February 26, 2010, 05:33:05 pm »
Hi I have the GA73PVM-S2H MB and I'm trying to configure a dual VGA monitor environment. After trying to connect the second monitor to the DVI port I got no output. The normal VGA port is fine. With a lot of digging around I finally found that the DVI port on this MB does not support a VGA output via an adaptor!!
OK so I installed a second graphics card in the PCI-e slot which I know works in another PC but the system fails to find this card at all. I've changed the BIOS to initialise the PEG as a priority but the card is not even picked up by the system. I've tried all BIOS options for the video card priority to no avail. I've uninstalled the drivers for the on board Nvidia 7100 and the card I'm trying to install is the Nvidia 7500 but when I restart the PC I get the 7100 back again. Am I missing something here or does the motherboard only support certain Video cards? If so which ones are supported in a dual output set-up?

My system is a P4 3Ghz processor, 4Gb memory, Windows Vista Business 32bit.

Thanks in advance

Tom

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-73PVM-S2H MB board graphics & Dual Monitor config
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 09:27:39 am »
Checking through the manual for you mobo there is a list of compatable graphics cards, both NVidia and ATI. Unfortunately the card you are trying to use doesn't seem to be supported.
If you have misplaced or lost your manual you can download a PDF version, to check out which cards will be OK via this link:
http://www.giga-byte.co.uk/Support/Motherboard/Manual_Model.aspx?ProductID=2691
pages 18 & 19 have the relevant info.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.