Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L won't install Windows XP Pro

pxhop

Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L won't install Windows XP Pro
« on: February 26, 2010, 08:46:06 pm »
Using Gigabyte Motherboard GA-G41M-ES2L I cannot install Windows XP Pro on a clean hdd, or boot into Windows XP Pro on a hdd from another PC that has it installed. Using Intel Celeron 2.4 Mhz. 2 GB of Crucial Memory. Details as follows:

1. While attempting to install Windows XP Professional to a clean 20 GB hdd from a CD, after the CD loads the files, the screen says Starting Windows, and then a BSOD appears that says:
“STOP 0X0000007E (0XC0000005, 0XF748E0BF, 0XF78DA208, 0XF78D9F08)”
 “pci.sys – Address F48E0BF”
The XP Pro installation CD does not include service packs.

2. When attempting to boot into Windows XP Pro on a hdd from another PC that has Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 3, I get a message that windows did not start successfully, with several boot options. Regardless of the boot option selected, including Safe Mode with Command Prompt or just Safe Mode, the computer simply reboots to the same message in an endless loop.

Does anyone know a work-around for this problem?

Thanks

Fatman

Re: Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L won't install Windows XP Pro
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 10:40:56 pm »
So I take it that the 'clean' hdd, has been formatted correctly? Also taking a hdd from another machine with xp on it and trying to get it to boot will not work correctly unless you have the same chipset.

So reformat your hdd by putting your xp disc into the drive and try again.

pxhop

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 02:55:18 am »
The problem was that the Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L motherboard will boot or work off a Windows XP CD that does not have at least Service Pack 2 on it. I got this info from Gigabyte tech support. So I created a bootable xp cd containing sp2 by slipstreaming my xp cd that had no service packs. From there on, everything went fine.

gilgamesh

• overclockerstech
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 02:44:27 pm »
The problem was that the Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L motherboard will boot or work off a Windows XP CD that does not have at least Service Pack 2 on it. I got this info from Gigabyte tech support. So I created a bootable xp cd containing sp2 by slipstreaming my xp cd that had no service packs. From there on, everything went fine.

cheers for feedback, can admins close this thread then please, and aother threads where the problem has been rectified? It makes our life easier when we are wading through threads.

gilgamesh
www.overclockerstech.com , for the best in PC water cooling and hardware news

pxhop

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 05:37:47 pm »
oops... There was a little typo in my last reply. The first sentence should have read "The problem was that the Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L motherboard will *NOT* boot or work off a Windows XP CD that does not have at least Service Pack 2 on it.

sorry... I'll make sure to proofread next time before posting.