Official GIGABYTE Forum

Upgrading RAM

Upgrading RAM
« on: January 25, 2014, 04:23:00 am »
Hi guys! I just bought the S1082 slate http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4365#kf It's turning out to be a great experience. I'd just like to upgrade the RAM in it so that I'll be able to run a few more programs. I've never done so on a tablet before and I'd like to make sure that I'm doing everything right. Some step by step instructions, or even a video would be awesome! Thanks :)

davidbec

Re: Upgrading RAM
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 06:30:18 pm »
Hi

Congratulations on your purchase.

The back cover should be secured by four screws. On my S1080 they are hex screws so I am assuming that yours will be the same. Once this cover is off you will be able to see everything that is in the unit and replaced as needed.

The specification on the S1082 is DDR3, but there is only 1 slot so when you remove the DIMM that is there, just replace it with the same type and speed, just a higher capacity.  Be careful not to buy DDR3L, which is low voltage DDR3 as this may not work. If you like, you can post the partnumber on the memory when you remove it and we can tell you what is available on the market that you can buy.

Replacing it is very easy. Just pull the clips at the sides holding it and it will pop out. Line up the new one in the slot and press it down until it snaps in. Done.
Happy S1080 owner from Barbados