Official GIGABYTE Forum

P35K Smart Update failure leading to bricked machine - any others with this?

Hi All,

I've had a P35K for around two months now, and it's a great machine.  Or at least it was, until I used the Smart Update tool to update some of the utilities.  I was actually updating the Smart Update utility itself.  The system stated that it needed to do a firmware update too, so I clicked yes.  The firmware updated, and then the system rebooted.  All well and good.

Except it rebooted into the BIOS setup - which is where it is now stuck.  If I reboot, and select F12 to get the boot device order options, all that is visible is the "BIOS Setup" entry.  It appears to have lost the configuration information about the 2 x 128 SSDs and the HDD - although they are there listed in the SATA section in the BIOS.

So I'm pretty stuck at the minute - anyone got any bright ideas?  As you can probably tell from the description, it's the CF4 variant of the P35K that I have.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on this.

Cheers,

Treerat

OK, so I'm a muppet.  It was a simple case of ensuring the BIOS was set to RAID - which I'd overlooked.  All sorted - unbriked machine, in fact I'm using it to write this on. 

A very relieved muppet, but definately a muppet.  Carry on, as you were... nothing to see here!   :)