Official GIGABYTE Forum

A different forum for each country? US hardware different from UK hardware?

thx1138

I am wondering why the UK has its own official GIGABYTE forum? Wouldn't it make more sense for all English-speakers to pool resources and share a single forum? The same for all the other Languages... There are less common languages in use than there are countries.
Mainboard: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming
CPU: Intel i7 6700, Stock HSF, Undervolt Offset -0.15 V, LLC 4
RAM: Corsair LPX Vengeance 2x8GB DDR4-3000 (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)
Graphics: Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 w/ 2GB
Sys Drive: Samsung Evo 750 SSD, 250GB
PSU: XFX TS 750W (P1-750S-NLB9)

thx1138

Does no-one agree? Surely it makes sense - once someone has done the work in resolving a problem in the US, why should that work be repeated in the UK, when it could be better spent dealing with another problem (or creating one and solving that :P)? If you agree, please say so, so that the issue might be addressed!

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
I guess, that the reason there have not been too many responses to this thread is that a lot of the users here are UK based (it is a UK Forum) and, in general, we are pretty apathetic when it comes to doing anything other than the task we are trying to do! (lol)

Just check out the threads to see how many people have said if their problem was actually resolved (I too am guilty of this) or, if they have found a solution. However, this is a problem on nearly all forums and I guess that people generally want to resolve the issues they are facing and then get on with their lives.

Having a forum based in different countries could work well, as local members might be able to react to posts faster and have a better understanding of the local PC hardware and local language but, is it really worth the costs, time and effort to do this? All for one and one for all, it worked well for the three musketeers!

Is UK hardware really different to that available in the USA or other parts of the world? I know that sometimes products are given different names in different countries (The Canon D350 camera in the UK was called the Canon Rebel in the USA and they are identical) but usually they are the same. I have bought components from Japan and used them in my builds, here in the UK, with no problems at all. (apart from trying to read the install guides!)

Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

thx1138

But my point is that forums should be merged, not split up. I'm also from the UK but I guess I'm not one of the apathetic ones so I will gladly represent the interests of all those who don't care enough to improve the situation for themselves by stating on behalf of you all that we would like all English-language forums merged!

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
Yeah I think an english speaking merge would be good, only problem I can see is when people reccomend a place to buy a particular item (i.e overclockers.co.uk) and the other person is from USA. Not really a majot problerm I know.
Other than that can't really see a major issue and would certainly benifit people imo.
There's no place like ::1

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Sorry if I confused the issue but I too was agreeing with you. Just trying ot point out why separate forums might seem to be a good idea.

Having a forum based in different countries could work well, as local members might be able to react to posts faster and have a better understanding of the local PC hardware and local language but, is it really worth the costs, time and effort to do this? All for one and one for all, it worked well for the three musketeers!
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Actually if you check the threads closely you will find that there are a lot of english speaking people from abroad that frequent the forum anyway. There are many from the USofA and Australia to name but two. Don't forget that the internet is a global community and nowhere is more than a mouse click away.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
I am wondering why the UK has its own official GIGABYTE forum? Wouldn't it make more sense for all English-speakers to pool resources and share a single forum? The same for all the other Languages... There are less common languages in use than there are countries.

The reply is very easy - as the UK is the first one ;D. There is no problem for other English speaking countries to have their own GIGABYTE forums, it's up to them, not me ;)
For example USA/America decided to use TweakTown Forum for their purposes:
http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/

Please mind we do share some resources with other countries already.

Actually if you check the threads closely you will find that there are a lot of english speaking people from abroad that frequent the forum anyway. There are many from the USofA and Australia to name but two. Don't forget that the internet is a global community and nowhere is more than a mouse click away.

Exactly, as a proof just have a look at visits statistics for the current year:

ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Actually runn3R must be getting fed up with me going on at him regarding putting members' locations under their avatars(I know that you are on it runn3r ;)) I think it would make life a lot easier if we knew where a poster was located when trying to answer a question.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 01:33:56 pm by Dark Mantis »
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB