Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gtx 780 OC Ver. Shutting Down (Crashing)

Gtx 780 OC Ver. Shutting Down (Crashing)
« on: February 09, 2014, 04:28:40 pm »
Hi,

I bought gtx 780 for dell xps 8700, I changed my psu to Cooler Master B700. But in games (BF4,Arma 3 etc.) it is crashing. I checked my temps but it is not too high 70-75 deg. After a min in game it is crashing, gpu's fans are running at full speed. And I have to shut down pc manually.I tried to maximize my gpu's fans speeds then it was crashing in 30 min. Still same issue even %100 of fan speeds. Also I have the latest beta drivers.

What is the problem?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 04:30:16 pm by sc.avci »

Re: Gtx 780 OC Ver. Shutting Down (Crashing)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 12:58:15 pm »
Hi,

I bought gtx 780 for dell xps 8700, I changed my psu to Cooler Master B700. But in games (BF4,Arma 3 etc.) it is crashing. I checked my temps but it is not too high 70-75 deg. After a min in game it is crashing, gpu's fans are running at full speed. And I have to shut down pc manually.I tried to maximize my gpu's fans speeds then it was crashing in 30 min. Still same issue even %100 of fan speeds. Also I have the latest beta drivers.

What is the problem?

Thank you.

Hi,

I am getting similar problems with my card. Mine is a 780 ti which crashes very similar to yours. Into about 5 to 30 minutes of gaming the screen will go black, the sound will stutter, the machine will hard reset itself not before the fans on the card going full pelt for a few seconds. The interesting thing is that there is about 1 second where I can communicate to the person I'm gaming with (over skype) to say it's crashed. Maybe that's not important...

I have RMA'd the card. I put my old card back in and successfully ran the same games with no problems.

I've run tests such as MSI Kombuster for 30 minutes, (maybe I should do longer) with no crashes.

I have also managed to run ARMA 3 with full details at 1080p for as long as I like but in Assassins Creed, DayZ and others I get these nasty crashes.

The place I bought it from will probably test it and say there is nothing wrong with it, which will lead me to either have to ask for a refund or do more testing to find the issue. I'm not fully sure it's just the gfx card, it could be the memory, mobo or CPU or any combination. I know my memory is pretty slow so it could overloading that.

Someone said it's worth underclocking the card (using whatever software) and see if that sorts it, but then that's besides the point when you've spent £££'s on the card.

Do tell me what you find out!

C

Intel i7-3770k Ivy Bridge@4.6GHz 1.37v
ASUS Maximus V Formula BIOS 1903
G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB DDR3 1600
SLi GTX 780 Ti GHz WindForce x3
Thermalright Silver Arrow SB- E Extreme
OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SATAIII SSD (OS)
Crucial M4 128GB SATAIII SSD (Games)
Corsair Ax1200i PSU
HAF 932 Case (very well c

OCGuy

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 03:29:22 pm »
Hi, sorry but I have bad news for you.

A LOT of the Gigabyte 780TI GHz have this problem. There are several threads around the web:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/688127/update-gtx-780ti-artifacting-crashing-gygabyte-windforce-gv-n78toc-3gd-oc-bad-batch-/ http://www.overclock.net/t/1461220/gigabyte-780-ti-ghz-edition-crashes
http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/grafikkarten/325311-gigabyte-gtx-780-ti-ghz-edition-probleme.html

The real bad thing is that Gigabyte just won't admit that there is a problem (most of the time RMA is not accepted). I also had a pointless discussion with the Gigabyte support.

The only solution is that you modify the BIOS youself (you are losing the warranty!) as described in the links above. If you have the possibility change your card with an other brand (EVGA or whatever) - it seems that they are working as promised.

have a nice day

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 12:35:39 pm »
i also installed it like a month ago. workable soft were

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 05:25:45 pm »
try downclocking you card