Official GIGABYTE Forum

halt on usb port and dvd

halt on usb port and dvd
« on: February 27, 2014, 09:33:04 am »
my computer halt on usb port and dvd and network interface  during trnsfer data and also install software with large amount
mu mainboard is ep41t-ud3l
in other case no problem
please anyone help me
thanks ???

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: halt on usb port and dvd
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 01:50:43 pm »
In Advanced BIOS Features make sure the hard drive is the first boot device. Then 2nd is DVD & 3rd is floppy.

In Integrated Peripherals you can disabled this:

USB Storage Function
Determines whether to detect USB storage devices, including USB flash drives and USB hard drives
during the POST. (Default: Enabled)

In the bios under Standard Cmos Features you can turn off the Halt on Error

Halt On
 Allows you to determine whether the system will stop for an error during the POST.
 All Errors Whenever the BIOS detects a non-fatal error the system boot will stop.
 No Errors The system boot will not stop for any error.
 All, But Keyboard The system boot will not stop for a keyboard error but stop for all other errors.
 (Default)
 All, But Diskette The system boot will not stop for a floppy disk drive error but stop for all other
 errors.
 All, But Disk/Key The system boot will not stop for a keyboard or a floppy disk drive error but it
 will stop for all other errors.

X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

Re: halt on usb port and dvd
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 11:20:51 am »
no problem during boot but in transfer large data between  usb memory  and dvd and lan halts.