Official GIGABYTE Forum

G1 Sniper Z87 (1150) acting strange

G1 Sniper Z87 (1150) acting strange
« on: March 03, 2014, 10:50:00 am »
Almost RMA this board. I have had a few issues. First off after building my system it booted fine until i plugged a RF mouse reciever into the usb port while the system was off, well tried to boot it up and all I got was a flashing power button on the motherboard. No fans, beeps, nothing. Samething happened with a thumb drive. ??? It took some time to figure out what was going on.
2nd issue was the setup of a Raid0. The Gigabyte software interface is nice but something is not working on the backend as I have 4 drives in my system and chose 2 for Raid0. Well either it's the Intel drivers (IRST) or the bios needs updated as the system formatted all 4 drives and added them a a Raid0 setup. I blame myself for the data loss as i set it up and walk away for a few. :-\

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: G1 Sniper Z87 (1150) acting strange
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 03:03:15 pm »
On the data lose you can get that back before you go to far. There are programs out there to get it back like restorer 2000.

I myself would have only had 2 drive connected when I'm doing any raid setup. Everybody learns from their mistakes even me.

Yes the raid setup shouldn't have done that, but I don't trust anything that goes on with a motherboard.

When I install windows I don't do it with any other drives connected. Because again I have learn that when you have any other drive connected.

Windows will most of the time put a boot sector on that drive. When it comes to USB I tell people all the time USB is a hot connection.

Yes you need your keyboard and mouse to get things up and running. But why did it do what it did? You should have been able to boot with that connected.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.