Official GIGABYTE Forum

G1.Sniper Z87, Creative audio and HDMI problem

BeO

G1.Sniper Z87, Creative audio and HDMI problem
« on: March 13, 2014, 02:38:57 pm »
Hello everybody.

I recently purchased a G1.Sniper Z87 for my new computer. Everything was working just fine until I got my new GPU. I installed an MSI R9 280X 3GB, and whenever I connect a monitor via HDMI, the integrated Creative sound card stops working. It's not disabled, I can even set it as default sound output in Windows 7 x64, but I get no sound to my speakers.

If I disconnect the HDMI cable it starts working again.

I'd like to use the Creative sound card since that was one of the reasons I got this card in the first place. Is there a way to fix this problem?

Using the latest drivers since it's a new installation, flashed the BIOS to F2.

Thanks in advance!

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: G1.Sniper Z87, Creative audio and HDMI problem
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 06:02:16 pm »
You could try the F3b Beta BIOS and see if that helps. You can download from TweakTown here: http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios.html
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

BeO

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 08:37:14 am »
You could try the F3b Beta BIOS and see if that helps. You can download from TweakTown here: http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios.html

Thanks for your suggestion. I've been looking around for a release note for the F3b BIOS but can't find one. I'd like to know what I can expect before flashing with a beta BIOS.

BeO

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 12:26:26 pm »
Just a little update on this post.

I returned the MSI card (coil whine) and got an Asus R9 280X DC2T instead. With this card I don't have the same problem with HDMI taking over the sound output, so it seems to be a problem with the MSI card.

And I was lucky enough to get a card with only a hint of coil whine :)