Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte GA K8NXP-9

Gigabyte GA K8NXP-9
« on: February 20, 2010, 10:07:12 am »
Hi all got this GA-K8NXP-9 939 Socket motherboard and did a test on it with my test card and it comes up with NO CPU error but of course it has one so i made sure it was seated in and had thermal greas on,still got error so then i took a cpu out of a working pc that had same socket and still no luck.
Any ideas would be great if you got any as i did this test with nothing on the board , no ram nothing conected except the power supply and cpu with heat sink and fan.  ???

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
Re: Gigabyte GA K8NXP-9
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 01:06:19 pm »
It probably just needs a BIOS update
There's no place like ::1

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 08:29:35 pm »
OK one thging tho how can i update my bios when i cant even get into it and i cant see anything on my monitor its just blank, or is there a way  thanks.

oggmonster

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 10:23:46 am »
Sorry, didn't realise the NO CPU error was on your test card. If you're sure that all other components are okay then it could well be a faulty motherboard. Have you tried with 1 stick of RAM, graphics card (onboard if it uses it) CPU etc. Just basically the bare minimum you need for it to post. You will need some RAM in there for it to post

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 10:48:39 am »
Yea already tried all that and tested to make sure the cpu is ok as tested fine on another motherboard same with ram, also tried another power supply also hooked up with cd drive and hard drive and still no post no beeps , nothing.

oggmonster

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 10:54:16 am »
Well if you've eliminated the possibility of it being any other component, then its pretty much means its going to be your motherboard. At work we use a PCI diagnostic card, 90% of the time the NO CPU error code is a faulty motherboard.

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 11:09:20 am »
thats what i thought as i used a diagnostic card to , thanks for the help.