Official GIGABYTE Forum

Item Returned still faulty

ArMaTeC

• ArMaTeC's Home
Item Returned still faulty
« on: January 09, 2009, 11:19:30 am »
Can some one contact his boss or somthing as im going down there today and i can see it getting UGLY

Returned Email 1
Dear Sir,

As part of our new internal RMA policy, we will now advise customers in advance on day of despatch of thier repaired/tested/serviced item(s), rather than send the technical report(s), also this lets you know we are despatching the goods same day. Please see below yours for UKA-08C0106.

In your case, your item was tested fully but no fault was found and our engineer reported no powering up problems. This item is being despatched today.

UKA-08C0106 / 4719331834128SN081760001671 / Repair
RMA_SN Product_ID Key_Part Type RMA Order No Repaired Date Reason Error Component Location Engineer Remark
4719331834128SN081760001671 5M945CM2L-00-10J 5M945CM2L-00-10J RM UKA-08C0106 2009/01/05 N01TESTED OK. NO FAULT FOUND P06 SYSTEM NO BOOT / NO DISPLAY     965035 USR Description NO POWER UP

Regards

Returns Dept
My email 1
Can i ask you what you actually tested on this board as i have just tried yet another CPU (Working in other motherboard) and a brand new PSU 620W and its still beeping
Returned Email 2
Dear Sir,

Everything on all boards and VGA returned to us are tested fully, this is a requirement. I attach a example of our test flow chart that gives you a idea.

Please note not all faults are attributed to the motherboard alone. If there was a powering up issue, our engineer would of realised this at the outset as the board has to boot up as a minimum to do all the required tests neccessary.

Regards

Returns Dept
My email 2
did he test it with a CPU in the board
Returned Email 3
Dear Sir,

It was tested with a Core 2 Dual  processor on board.

Regards

Returns Dept
My email 3
Well if that is true you can show me it working I'm on my way to you in 1 hour  and if its not working i wont a replacement and a refund for the postal check of £10 as it would be clear to me that it was not tested as i have tested CPU and PSU in my friends Motherboard and it works 100% so the only common fault is your motherboard I'm extremely annoyed with how you have treated my case and the fact you wrote "No KNOWN CUSTOMER WHERE/WHO/FROM" on the box means i cant send it back to any one now.

Returned Email 4
Dear Sir,

Replacements are only given if a item is non repairable under warranty, if this being so we get our replacements from our depot in Holland a process that takes upto 10 working days so we will be unable to swap it for you on our premises.

Also visits are by appointment only. The fee of £10 as explained earlier is to cover our costs of courier charges back to you so this is non refundable once sent back.

You are welcome to return the item and hand deliver it, but if so a new RMA number would need to be issued and we will inspect again but we do not do a repair while you wait service so I fear your journey will be wasted.

Regards

Returns Dept

My email 4
Well then you will be calling the police to make me leave the building as I'm not leaving with out a working product and if not ill take you to small clams court for not honoring your warranty and taking cash for work not carried out be it for postage costs or not. In fact if your going to take that stance ill take your product to an independent computer shop and have them test it and charge you for it. This is unacceptable and to be quite frank rude.
By the way what's your name so i know who to look for.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 07:57:14 am by runn3R »

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
Re: Item Returned still faulty
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 12:10:43 pm »
sorry for your problems. i will check what's going on and UK RMA will contact you about it to make it solved
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)

ArMaTeC

• ArMaTeC's Home
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 12:13:44 pm »
im currently talking to nadia on msn and have been giving the ok to pop in today at 2pm so i can be shown it working

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 01:16:33 pm »
ok, glad to hear that.
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)

RuiPereira

• Who goes there?
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 08:50:49 am »
*** UPDATE ***

ArMaTeC has come to our building and his memory was found to be faulty, not the motherboard.
I can confirm that the issue is now resolved, unfortunately we can not assist his faulty memory issue.

GIGABYTE UK

ArMaTeC

• ArMaTeC's Home
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 12:23:29 pm »
Yes issue is now sorted and its one fine motherboard.
The visit to GBT was very good and polite Nadia took my self and my girlfriend under her wing and asked the tech team to look over the motherboard they found no fault with it the problem was in fact an issue with one of the sticks of Geil memory i purchased as a bundle 2x 1GB sticks i was in the thinking that dual channel motherboards need both sticks of ram  to work but this motherboard dose not hence why i blamed it on the motherboard as it was the only common fault i could see, and with out thinking it was ram related i asked for help. Nadia answered with open arms and helped me in every aspect even taking myself out back to the testing room (*bat cave*) and showed me how they tested the motherboard and pointed out that one of the 2 sticks where faulty.
So as a conclusion GBT you have my respect again and i hope you accept my sincere apology for not first testing the ram in a different motherboard and thanks for the hat and notepad its come in quite handy already

Nadia Gigabyte

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 03:33:53 pm »
You welcome,

We all here to help.

Best Regards

Nadia ;)

neilgl

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 08:55:37 pm »
Hi all,
glad he got it sorted in the end - all that stuff about police/ court  seemed to be garbage.

I always test with different RAM

Regards,
Neil
GA-EP45-UD3LR, GA-P35C-DS3R (two), GA-EP35-DS3R, GA-8PE667

Whitehot

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 01:46:52 pm »
Fair play to the guy though, It takes a man to admit when your wrong.