Official GIGABYTE Forum

BIOS downgrade

Re: BIOS downgrade
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2014, 12:28:02 am »
Yeah that was my posts on OCN.  ;)

Actually all you  have to do is force the bios to overwrite the main from the backup....for some boards you can just hold the start button in, for others you can turn off the psu with it's switch, then push the start button and flip the psu back on until the mobo gets juice then flip the psu off again.
Then just do a normal startup and the bios should load the backup and overwrite the main.
Clear as mud?
Z87X-UD5H /4770K delidded /F8 mod BIOS
4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4/16X 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
Case Labs SM8 w/triple pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
PowerColor AX7950 2DHV4 x2 w/EK blocks / Xonar DSX Audio
Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2014, 11:11:23 am »
Re-download latest BIOS.....F9, as inside is updated  EFI Flash tool.

If didn't work again, use my link with ftp tool...here:
http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios-904.html#post479419

Btw,
you have BIOS switch........(2 BIOS chips)
so keep this BIOS on one BIOS chip and flash whatever you want from second chip.

I've just registered only to write big THANKS to You.  :D

Today, I updated my z78x-ud3h to test F9 BIOS and couldn't downgrade to any previous BIOS.  ???
(If You update to F9 with EFIFLASH, as pointed in the description, it flashes main and backup BIOS together with F9!!!)  >:(
EFIFLASH stated that any BIOS lower than f9 is outdated, same with QFLASH. @BIOS stated that my mobo is "protected" from any BIOS older than f9.

FPT program worked like charm.
I've used Caldera MS-DOS bootCD and FPT -f BIOS.BIN command.
THX  :)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 11:19:05 am by Pitol321 »

psycho

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2014, 01:42:39 pm »
I can also confirm that the downgrade worked from F9 using the method above. Only thing is to remember to write in the BIOS you are about to flash to, the MAC address of your current Intel NIC.

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2014, 09:54:56 am »
Hi everyone,

like all the other members who contributed to this discussion, I would also like to get rid of F9 bios to try to solve the sleep issues affecting my Mavericks installation.

Unfortunately, although I contacted twice the Gigabyte support asking them a crystal clear question on how to downgrade from F9, arguing that its double instalation in both the bios chips has merely vanished the advantage of having a dual bios MB, I only received very useless entry-level replies like "the F9 bios is not known to create problems with the Operating Systems (MS only) supported by Gigabyte" or "the downgrade is not possible to ensure compatibility with new processors blablabla" >:(.

No need to say that I feel very frustrasted by the useless replies and very disappointed as a returning customer who built three systems purchasing their boards in the last 12 months.

Searching on the web I found this discussion and I would love to try the fpt method described here.

My only issue is how to make sure I'm correctly inserting in the bios I'd like to flash my MAC address.
Indeed, I found some links witrhin some posts pointing to some explalations, but I'm not sure I fully understood them.

Is there anyone willing to kindly summarize again in this discussion the steps for MAC insertion in the bios?

Thanks for your patient reading of this long post.

Marco

ex58

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2014, 10:51:00 am »
^
Just flash back with FPT tools,as described earlier.....your MAC address will be same as in the BIOS....so you no need to change anything.
"How to do" is included in  .zip file.

egiman

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2015, 08:03:37 pm »
^
Just flash back with FPT tools,as described earlier.....your MAC address will be same as in the BIOS....so you no need to change anything.
"How to do" is included in  .zip file.

Hello, Im trying you method to downgrade and when I select USB stick with files it does not do anything - just continue to load Yosemite OSX. How do I run the flash? I have a GIGABYTE Z87X-UD3H motherboard and by my stupidity updated to 10b bios version....can you help? Thanks, Jakub